Contributions and challenges of cross-national comparative research in migration, ethnicity and health: insights from a preliminary study of maternal health in Germany, Canada and the UK
- ETHNICITY AND IMMIGRATION IN YUGOSLAVIA. Sharp, Samuel L. // Studies in Comparative International Development;Fall75, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p63
Deals with ethnicity and migration in Yugoslavia. Types of migration within and from the country; Significant event that reflected ethnicity in the country; Migration rate in Yugoslavia.
- ETHNICITY IN MIGRATION. ROMANIAN IMMIGRANTS AT HOME AND ABROAD. CULIC, IRINA; ANGHEL, REMUS GABRIEL // Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, Sociologia;Dec2012, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the role of ethnicity in migration, the use of ethnic identity in comparative political science, and the remaking of ethnicity through international migration.
- To Live and Let Live in South Los Angeles. Ciria-Cruz, Rene P. // NACLA Report on the Americas;May/Jun2007, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p37
An excerpt from the article "To Live and Let Live in South Los Angeles," by Rene P. Ciria-Cruz, about the relations between African Americans and Hispanic Americans in south Los Angeles, California in line with the immigration problem in the U.S., which originally appeared on the Web site of New...
- Arguments within geographies of movement: the theoretical potential of migrants’ stories. Lawson, V.A. // Progress in Human Geography;Jun2000, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p173
Abstract: In this article, I engage the ways in which migrantsâ€™ experiences are socially constructed and situated in particular political-economic and cultural contexts in meaningful ways. Drawing on migrantsâ€™ own stories, I examine the ways in which social relations of gender and...
- A different sort of welcome. // Wilson Quarterly;Spring92, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p131
Comments on the article `Immigration and Group Relations in France and America,' by Donald L. Horowitz, as discussed in the January 1992 issue of `The Bulletin of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.' Mass immigration to France since the 19th century; Exaltation of ethnicity.
- Impact of Immigration on Ethnic Identity and Leisure Behavior on Adolescent Immigrants from Korea, Mexico and Poland. Stodolska, Monika; Yi, Jouyeon // Journal of Leisure Research;2003 1st Quarter, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p49
Deals with a study which investigated the impact of immigration on the emergence of ethnic identity as well as post immigration changes in leisure behavior. Method; Results; Discussion; Conclusions.
- Counseling a Hispanic/ Latino Client- Mr. X. Delgado-Romero, Edward A. // Journal of Mental Health Counseling;Jul2001, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p207
The author responds to the case scenario of Mr. X assuming that Mr. X is Hispanic/Latino. Factors important in counseling Hispanic/Latino clients are reviewed. The following models of racial and/or ethnic identity are reviewed: Racial/Cultural Identity Development model, (R/CID; Sue & Sue,...
- The Baltic Sea southern coast and the interior. Selected problems. Błażejewski, Artur // Archaeologia Lituana;2014, Vol. 15, p65
No abstract available.
- Migration, Ethnicity, Race, and Health in Multicultural Societies - Second edition. Ryan, Bridget // Nursing Standard;2/19/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p32
No abstract available.