Classical risk factors of cardiovascular disease among Chinese male steel workers: a prospective cohort study for 20 years
- WEIRD SCIENCE THAT WORKS. // Men's Health;Jun2015, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p32
The article discusses research being done on the reduced risk of dying of cardiovascular disease among men who are regulars at the sauna, which references a study published in "JAMA Internal Medicine."
- Lung and bladder cancer in a Norwegian municipality with iron and steel producing industry: population based case-control studies. Grimsrud, T.K.; Langseth, H.; Engeland, A.; Andersen, A. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Jun1998, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p387
Studies the influence of occupation on the rising incidence of lung and bladder cancer among men in Norway, where iron and steel plant constituted the key industry. Collection of information on occupations and smoking habits; Association between ratio for lung cancer and polycyclic aromatic...
- Erectile Dysfunction Can Signal Impending Heart Disease. Bauer, Jeff // RN;May2006, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p17
Reports that a group of researchers have found that for some men, erectile dysfunction (ED) can serve as a warning sign for cardiovascular disease. Rate of ED and cardiovascular events; Rate of increase in the risk of having a cardiovascular event among men who developed ED.
- Intense Spurts Of Exercise Help Prevent CHD In Men. // RN;Dec2000, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p20
Reports that a study of 12,516 men participating in the Harvard Alumni Health Study suggests that even 15-minute bursts of vigorous exercise can be beneficial to heart health. Lower risk of heart disease among men complying with Surgeon general's recommendations of averaging 30 minutes of...
- Beijing suburb of different occupations in the distal forearm bone mineral density comparative analysis. QIAN Zhenfu; GUO Meiling; HE Xuying; YANG Hongbing // Chinese Journal of Osteoporosis / Zhongguo Guzhi Shusong Zazhi;Mar2014, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p297
Objective To investigate the incidence of different occupations variation in BMD and osteoporosis. Methods Finishing in the hospital to do bone density examination population, by occupational characteristics of occupational classification, each age group aged one. Multivariate analysis of...
- Internal and External Factors Related to Burnout among Iron and Steel Workers: A Cross-Sectional Study in Anshan, China. Guo, Haiqiang; Guo, Huifang; Yang, Yilong; Sun, Baozhi // PLoS ONE;11/17/2015, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p1
Background: Burnout is a syndrome of emotional exhaustion, cynicism and reduced professional efficacy, which can result from long-term work stress. Although the burnout level is high among iron and steel workers, little is known concerning burnout among iron and steel worker. This study aimed...
- 'Significant' link found between ED, heart disease. Nierengarten, Mary Beth // Urology Times;3/1/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the prospective evidence that supports the recognition that erectile dysfunction (ED) may be a sign of future cardiovascular disease in some men. According to Ian M. Thompson, the prospective study of nearly 10,000 men showed that ED is independently associated with...
- Recommendations for Using Sildenafil in Men at Risk of CV Effects. // Modern Medicine;Oct98, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p38
Discusses the abstract of a study on the use of anti-impotency drug sildenafil citrate (Viagra) in men at risk from cardiovascular effects, presented in the summary statement of the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association.
- especially for dad. Hammers, Maryann // Better Nutrition;Jul2006, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p56
The article presents information about dietary supplements for men. A multivitamin is the most important men's supplement, says Keegan Sheridan, a Beverly Hills, California-based naturopathic physician. Cardiovascular disease is the number one killer of American men. As a preventive measure,...