A cross-sectional survey of water and clean faces in trachoma endemic communities in Tanzania
- Contributions to the Improvement of Living Conditions among Neglected Populations with Trachoma. Goldschmidt, Pablo; Einterz, Ellen; Bates, Myra; Abba, Falta; Chaumeil, Christine; Bensaid, Philippe // Tropical Medicine & Health;2012, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p1
Objective: Trachoma (Chlamydia-triggered blinding infection) provoked irreversible visual impairment in about 8 million people in 2011, and the prevalence among children with dirty faces is more than three fold that among children with clean faces. In 250 villages with a high prevalence of...
- Trachoma: Blinding Tropical Disease in the South East Asia Region with Research Priority. Amin, Md. Robed; Basher, Ariful; Hawlader, Anisur Rahaman; Faiz, M. A. // Journal of Medicine;Jan2011, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p50
In this article the author discusses the prevalence of the blinding disease trachoma. He highlights that trachoma is the disease of poverty that inflicts a high financial cost and continues to be a major cause of blindness in the developing countries. He explains that issues and challenges on...
- ASK MEN'S HEALTH . // Men's Health;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p14
Answers various questions regarding men's health. Tips on facial care; Right type of underwear when running; Effect of sleeping in water bed on the sperm count.
- Do away with facial puffiness. SHETH, REKHA // Prevention India;Jul2013, p9
The article presents suggestions on treating and preventing puffiness of the face. It is recommended to increase fluid intake and include coconut water, lime water and green tea along with 8 to 10 glasses of water every day. It is advised to avoid excessive intake of sodium. It is suggested to...
- Facing the new year. Harmer, Ann // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jan2006, Issue 279, p124
The article provides beauty tips in managing a pimples and blemishes. The first thing to do is not to panic because stress may have contributed the appearance of pimple. Start looking for natural health products made specifically for acne-prone skin. It is also important to wash puffs and...
- THE IT LIST. // Out;Jan2006 Out Traveler, p30
This article recommends several products for gay travelers and offers information on features, benefits to users and cost. Products listed include Metromint mint water, Tactical 4.0 jacket, Travel Sentry lock from EasyGo, Men's One-Step daily facial pads, and Gullwing Thule Mid boots.
- face-washing mistakes even smart women make. // Health (Time Inc. Health);May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p38
Focuses on several face-washing problems in women and how to fix them. Problem with washing face without water; Consequences of scrubbing too aggressively; Importance of using commercial products made for the face.
- Healthy skin resolutions. VARTAN, STARRE // Investigate;Feb/Mar2013, Vol. 10 Issue 136, p32
The article presents tips for skin care. Eating lots of vegetables keeps digestion moving along, which result in clearer skin and a brighter complexion. One can try doing facial massage a couple times a week. Drinking water also helps in making skin to glow and adding a lemon will add a bit of a...
- Do the Next Best Thing. Greenfield, Paige // Women's Health;Jun2013, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p90
The article discusses the next best solutions for some health problems. One problems is not washing the face before bed. The next best thing is to do a once-over with a cleansing pad or wipe or, even better, step up the morning cleansing. Another problem is not flossing daily. The next best...