Developing cessation interventions for the social and community service setting: A qualitative study of barriers to quitting among disadvantaged Australian smokers
- Run From Your Nasty Habit. Aschwanden, Christie; Cederborg, Laurie // Health (Time Inc. Health);Oct99, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p22
Discusses the link between physical activity and smoking cessation. Details on the study conducted about smoking cessation; Approaches to quit smoking recommended by clinical psychologist Bess Marcus.
- Managing smoking cessation. Coleman, Tim; Lakhani, Mayur; Wilson, Andrew // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/16/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7177, p138
Editorial. Focuses on the smoking cessation guidelines issued in Great Britain. Importance of the guidelines; Recommendations for general practitioners; Responsibilities of primary care groups.
- Tobacco control?drawing breath. // Nature Medicine;Aug99, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p851
Focuses on the complacency on implementing tobacco control programs in different countries. Lawsuits against tobacco companies; Incorporation of additives that make cigarettes more addictive; Initiatives of a public advocacy group to control tobacco use.
- Giving Up the Ghost. CUNNINGHAM, LYNN // Walrus;Nov2014, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p54
A personal narrative is presented which explores author's experience of quitting smoking.
- Using the hygiene visit to deliver a tobacco cessation program: Results of a randomized clinical... Severson, Herbert H.; Andrews, Judy A.; Lichtenstein, Edward; Gordon, Judith S.; Barckley, Maureen F. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Jul98, Vol. 129 Issue 7, p993
Examines the effectiveness of advising patients who use tobacco to quit, while highlighting the outcome of clinical trials conducted with tobacco users. Identification of tobacco use as a major cause of deaths in the United States; Effects of tobacco on an individual's health; Findings of a...
- Cost-effectiveness of the clinical practice recommendations in the AHCPR guideline for smoking cessa Cromwell, Jerry; Bartosch, William J. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;12/03/97, Vol. 278 Issue 21, p1759
Reports that the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research (AHCPR) published the `Smoking Cessation: Clinical Practice Guideline' in 1996. Identification of efficacious interventions for primary care clinicians and smoking cessation specialty providers; Study to determine the...
- HAZs told to help smokers give up. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;05/28/99, p9
Reports on a government program to improve the health of England's poorest areas by urging smokers and homeless people to give up smoking. Budget and mandate for Health Action Zones; Sectors involved in the project; Other priorities of the zones.
- Smoking: Disease or Lifestyle? Batra, Anil // Deutsches Aerzteblatt International;7/3/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 27, p5
In this article the author offers his perspectives on an epidemiological study on the willingness to quit smoking among older smokers in Germany, which is published within the issue. He remarks that the study give evidence to the significant aspect of addiction, wherein it indicates that...
- Youth Tobacco Cessation: Filling the Gap Between What We Do and What We Know. Curry, Susan J. // American Journal of Health Behavior;Sep/Oct2003 Supplement 2, Vol. 27, pS99
Introduces the articles published in the October 2003 issue of the periodical 'American Journal of Health Behavior,' focusing on tobacco-use cessation programs for youth in the U.S. Provision of direct treatment services to increase rates of tobacco-use cessation; Effectiveness of behavioral...