Epidemiology of traffic injuries and motor vehicles utilization in the Capital of Iran: A population based study
- Road safety in India: a public health concern. Parsekar, Shradha S.; Singh, Mannat M.; Venkatesh, Bhumika T.; Nair, Sreekumaran N. // Indian Journal of Community Health;Apr-Jun2015, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p191
Introduction: Road traffic accident (RTA) is one of the major preventable public health problems and is on the rise which can be attributed to increase in the number of vehicles and lifestyle changes and risky attitudes. This paper is intended to search for available published information which...
- Road safety. Short, Jack // OECD Observer;May2004, Issue 243, p19
Reports on the European Conference of Ministers of Transport's (ECMT) programs to improve road safety and reduce traffic accidents. Road safety as a public health issue; Goals of the ECMT in reducing the number of road deaths.
- Road safety: A Public Health Perspective. Kansal, Amrita; Lenka, Satya Ranjan // Indian Journal of Community Health;Apr-Jun2015, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p174
The authors reflect on the importance of road safety, which is a multisectoral issue, in India. They mention the incapabilities of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways in coordinating with other sectors, including urban development, education and the civil society, to ensure road safety....
- A Study of Injury Pattern among Road Traffic Accident Victims Admitted in a Medical College in Amritsar. Kaur, Harpreet; Singh, Rana Ranjit; Singh, Manbachan // Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development;Oct-Dec2016, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p59
Introduction: Road traffic injuries are a growing public health and development problem. Road traffic injuries are predicted to rise from tenth place in 2002 to eighth place by 2030 as a contributor to the global burden of diseases. The road accident situation in India is alarming. So the...
- Protecting Vulnerable Road Users from Injury. Constant, Aymery; Lagarde, Emmanuel // PLoS Medicine;Mar2010, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p1
The article provides an overview of the global health problem posed by vulnerable road users (VRU) injuries. It describes the burden of VRU injuries. It discusses the general traffic policies that would benefit all VRUs. It suggests that VRUs have a high traffic injury risk and are therefore not...
- ESTE SIGURANÅ¢A RUTIERÄ‚ O PROBLEMÄ‚ DE SÄ‚NÄ‚TATE PUBLICÄ‚ ÃŽN ROMÃ‚NIA? Calinoiu, Geovana; Furtunescu, Florentina Ligia; Mincă, Dana Galieta // Acta Medica Transilvanica;dec2011, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p31
Road safety is an important public health problem in EU, that had as goal to halve the number of road deaths by 2010 compared to 2001. This paper aimed to assess the degree of accomplishment of this target in Romania. The Romanian achievements were assessed, using EUROCARE database....
- DOT TO LAUNCH VEHICLE SAFETY TEST. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jan2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p12
Discusses the launch of a vehicle operational test of a system designed to help drivers avoid run-off-the-road crashes in the U.S. Assessment of the maturity of system technology to support its commercial deployment; Prediction of driver acceptance; Evaluation of safety implications of deployment.
- Thirteen traffic fatalities is unacceptable to JPSO and the entire community. Lee, Harry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p52
Comments on the traffic fatalities in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Creation of public information campaign emphasizing the importance of using designated drivers; Rise in traffic fatalities; Partnership effort against reckless driving leading to traffic fatalities.
- Reduction of traffic fatalities in Jefferson is clear sign that traffic enforcement saves lives. Lee, Harry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/07/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p43
Focuses the reduction of traffic fatalities at Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Occurrence of traffic fatality in April 2001; Purpose of the creation of a motorcycle unit; Effect of strict traffic enforcement on the traffic fatality.