The Australian national binge drinking campaign: campaign recognition among young people at a music festival who report risky drinking
- Exploring the temporal association between young people's alcohol consumption patterns and violent behavior. LIGHTOWLERS, CARLY // Contemporary Drug Problems;Summer2011, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p191
Alcohol consumption patterns such as binge drinking have routinely been associated with interpersonal assault amongst young people. Examining how drinking patterns are temporally associated with violent behavior during adolescence and young adulthood further develops an understanding of this...
- Alcohol Advertising and Young Adults' Binge Consumption. Grieveson, Richard; Djafarova, Elmira // Journal of Marketing & Communication;Jan-Apr2013, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p37
Alcohol consumption amongst young adults has reached epidemic levels. Concern is understandably rising over the impact this is having and there is increased pressure on the government to take action. This paper aims to identify whether a ban on alcohol advertising will be an effective way of...
- Binge Drinking Among Brazilian Students: A Gradient of Association With Socioeconomic Status in Five Geteconomic Regions. Calhoun, Stacy // Impaired Driving Update;Summer2013, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p60
The article presents a study that aims to describe the features of binge drinking among high school students in Brazil and assess the association between binge drinking and adolescents' socio-economic status (SES). Binge drinking is cited to be a major problem among young adults between the ages...
- RizikovÃ© a Å¡kodlivÃ© pitÃ alkoholu u mladÃ½ch dospÄ›lÃ½ch: demografickÃ© a sociÃ¡lnÃ souvislosti. Csémy, L.; Sovinová, H.; Procházka, B. // General Practitioner / Prakticky Lekar;Nov2011, Vol. 91 Issue 11, p656
Objective: The aim of this study is to determine the prevalence of risky or harmful consumption of alcohol among young adults in relation to demographic and social characteristics of the population. Methods: Analyses are based on a survey carried out on a representative sample of 2,221 persons...
- Alaska Natives see 'heartbreak' in suicide rate. D'Oro, Rachel // Navajo Times;12/16/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 50, pC6
The article focuses on the high rate of suicides in Native communities across the U.S., which is believed to be the result of silence in young people denying pain by resorting to alcohol and drugs.
- Teenage Wasteland. Deer, Jessica // Eastern Door;1/27/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p10
In this article, the author expresses her concern about the dangerous practice of drunken driving by young adults in Kahnawake, Quebec.
- Drinkaware campaign hits home. // Morning Advertiser;1/13/2011, Issue 523, p6
The article reports that the Drinkawae campaign has been adopted by almost 80 percent of young adults in England.
- Bar talk. // Morning Advertiser;11/11/2010, Issue 518, p5
The article offers views from several pub operators on the change of drinking habits of young people in Great Britain including drinking real ale often, the popularity of bottled ciders and shots and their move away from draughts and lager.
- Drinkaware's in-bar move. // Harpers Wine & Spirit;10/19/2012, Issue 92, p8
The article presents information on an industry-funded campaign titled "Drinkaware" which aims to reduce the social acceptability of drunkenness and change the drinking behavior of young adults.