Biological Monitoring of Blood Naphthalene Levels as a Marker of Occupational Exposure to PAHs among Auto-Mechanics and Spray Painters in Rawalpindi
- Postscript. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Jan2002, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p63
Presents comments on articles related to occupational diseases. Methodological problems in a case-referent study based on a register of occupational asthma; Survey of employees with occupational asthma due to the enzymes phytase and beta-glucanase; Incidence of nasal, eye and skin irritation in...
- Size Distribution of Chromate Paint Aerosol Generated in a Bench-Scale Spray Booth. SABTY-DAILY, RANIA A.; HINDS, WILLIAM C.; FROINES, JOHN R. // Annals of Occupational Hygiene;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p33
Spray painters are potentially exposed to aerosols containing hexavalent chromium [Cr(VI)] via inhalation of chromate-based paint sprays. Evaluating the particle size distribution of a paint spray aerosol, and the variables that may affect this distribution, is necessary to determine the site...
- Dermal exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in asphalt workers. Fustinoni, Silvia; Campo, Laura; Cirla, Piero E.; Martinotti, Irene; Buratti, Marina; Longhi, Omar; Foà, Vito; Bertazzi, PierAlberto // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Jul2010, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p2
Objectives To assess dermal exposure to 16 polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in asphalt workers by applying polypropylene pads to six body sites (neck, shoulder, upper arm, wrist, groin, ankle), to identify the compounds and exposure sites most representative, and to integrate dermal...
- Use of Xenopus laevis Larvae in 96-Hour, Flow-through Toxicity Testswith Naphthalene Bantle, J. A.; Edmisten, G. E. // Bulletin of Environmental Contamination & Toxicology;Oct1982, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p392
No abstract available.
- Chukan Butsu to import intermediate from India into Japan. // Colourage;Jul2000, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p51
Reports on India-based RRJ Dyes and Intermediates' contract to supply naphthalene derivatives to Chukan Butsu, Japan.
- Napthalene. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/18/96, Vol. 250 Issue 21, p41
Features basic information concerning the production and application of naphthalene. Producers and their capacity; Demand; Growth; Price; Strength; Weaknesses; Outlook.
- Development and validation of a sensitive spectrofluorimetric method for the determination of cilazapril of human plasma, urine, in pure and pharmaceutical preparations. Karasakal, A. // Optics & Spectroscopy;Aug2015, Vol. 119 Issue 2, p322
A selective and sensitive spectrofluorimetric method was developed and validated for the determination of cilazapril in human plasma urine, in pure and pharmaceutical preparations. The proposed method is based on derivatization using 1-dimethylaminonaphthalene-5-sulphonyl chloride (dansyl...
- Correlation between serum oncogene protein expression and the development of neoplastic disease in a worker exposed to carcinogens. Brandt-Rauf, P. W.; Niman, H. L.; Smith, S. J. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Sep1990, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p594
The article presents the case of oncogene activation in a 57-year-old man with a long history of workplace exposure to asbestos, pesticides and polychlorinated biphenyls. The serum proteins encoded by the Hras oncogene was elevated in the patient. The patient developed rectal bleeding after 18...
- Glutaraldehyde-induced occupational asthma: BALF components and BALF and serum Clara cell protein (CC16) changes due to specific inhalatory provocation test. Palczynski, Cezary; Walusiak, Jolanta; Krakowiak, Anna; Halatek, Tadeusz; Ruta, Urszula; Krawczyk-Adamus, Patrycja; Wittczak, Tomasz; Swiercz, Radoslaw; Gorski, Pawel; Rydzynski, Konrad // Occupational Medicine;Oct2005, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p572
Objectives The purpose of this study was to evaluate bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) components and Clara cell protein (CC16) concentration in serum and BALF in patients with glutaraldehyde (GA)-induced asthma, before and after a specific inhalatory provocation test (SIPT) with GA, in...