Prevalence and risk factors of childhood allergic diseases in eight metropolitan cities in China: A multicenter study
- Prevalence of asthma, rhinitis and eczema symptoms in rural and urban school-aged children from Oropeza Province - Bolivia: a cross-sectional study. Soto, María Teresa Solis; Patiño, Armando; Nowak, Dennis; Radon, Katja // BMC Pulmonary Medicine;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background: Asthma and allergies are world-wide common chronic diseases among children and young people. Little information is available about the prevalence of these diseases in rural areas of Latin America. This study assesses the prevalence of symptoms of asthma and allergies among children...
- the allergy epidemic. Neifert, Marianne // Baby Talk;Nov2004, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p44
Provides information on allergies in children. Food allergies; Eczema; Asthma.
- The progression of allergic disease. Choo-Kang, Lee R. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Mar2006, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p18
This article explains that atopic children develop symptoms of allergy in a predictable pattern called Allergy March. Manifestations include food sensitivity, inhalant sensitivity, eczema, gastrointestinal distress, asthma, allergic rhinitis, and recurrent otitis media. Understanding the...
- Climate and the prevalence of symptoms of asthma, allergic rhinitis, and atopic eczema in children. Weiland, S. K.; Hüsing, A.; Strachan, D. P.; Rzehak, P.; Pearce, N. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Jul2004, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p609
Aims: To investigate the association between climate and atopic diseases using worldwide data from 146 centres of the International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood (ISAAC). Methods: Between 1992 and 1996, each centre studied random samples of children aged 13-14 and 6-7 years...
- Decreased Prevalence of Allergic Rhinitis, Asthma and Eczema in Riyadh City, Saudi Arabia. Harfi, Harb; Al Abbad, Kamel; Alsaeed, Abbas H. // Trends in Medical Research;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p57
Asthma and allergic disorders constitute the common chronic illnesses accounting for huge morbidity in school children worldwide. Current study aims to evaluate the prevalence of rates of asthma, eczema, allergic rhinitis and atopic dermatitis along with food and drug allergy in school children...
- Could a gut parasite hold the cure for asthma? J. S. // Foods Matter (USA);Jun2008, p14
The article reports on the study conducted by professor John Britton and colleagues which examines the relationship of asthma, allergy and eczema in children in Ethiopia. It is expressed that the study will contribute to the development of new therapeutic approaches in the treatment of these...
- the pill & allergies. // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Jul2003, p16
Reveals that children whose mothers take the pill are most likely to suffer from eczema and asthma according to a study carried out at the Institute of Epidemiology in East Germany. Rate of allergy among those whose mothers used oral contraceptives before they became pregnant; Risk of asthma.
- Childhood eczema and hayfever on the rise, but asthma
stable. // Practice Nurse;9/10/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p5
Presents the results of a study on the tendency for children to develop allergies. Statistics on the prevalence of asthma and proportion of children with respiratory diseases; Analysis of the continuous increase in the diagnosis of eczema and hay fever between 1994 and 1999.
- International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood: phase 3 in the Syrian Arab Republic. Mohammad, Y.; Tabbah, K.; Mohammad, S.; Yassine, F.; Clayton, T.; Hassan, M. // Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p710
The International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood (ISAAC) uses standardized symptom-based questionnaires to describe the prevalence of symptoms of asthma, rhinoconjunctivitis and eczema in children worldwide. Three governorates in the Syrian Arab Republic (Aleppo, Lattakia and...