The German Young Olympic Athletes' Lifestyle and Health Management Study (GOAL Study): design of a mixed-method study
- Teens & diets: No weigh. Omichinski, Linda // Healthy Weight Journal;May/Jun96, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p49
Offers a look at the author's health program for teenagers. Nondiet programming for teenagers; Areas of concern in schools; Profile of teenagers; Interactive activity in the program; Goal of the program; Empowerment techniques for teenagers; Program evaluation.
- Erratum to: Adaptation and Validation of a Positive Health Scale for Adolescents. Warne, Maria; Snyder, Kristen; Gådin, Katja // Social Indicators Research;Nov2014, Vol. 119 Issue 2, p1171
A correction to the article "Adaptation and Validation of a Positive Health Scale for Adolescents" by Maria Warne, Kristen Snyder, and Katja Gillander GÃ¥din published online on November 30, 2013, which misidentified the abbreviation MSA is presented.
- Help Blow the SMOKE Away. Orr, Tamra B. // Current Health 2;Nov2000, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p25
Focuses on Teens Against Tobacco Use, a youth program taking action against smoking in the United States. Impact of the program on tobacco companies; Health effects of smoking; Factors influencing the youth to participate in the program. INSET: AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE.
- Promoting Adolescent Health and Development in South-East Asia. Plianbangchang, Samlee // Indian Journal of Community Medicine;Oct2011, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p245
The article discusses the health challenges faced by adolescents in South-East Asia (SEA) and the efforts of the World Health Organization (WHO) to meet the challenges. Causes of mortality in adolescents are mentioned including traffic accidents, violence, fire-related incidents, and drowning....
- Engaging youth in communities: a framework for promoting adolescent and community health. Ballard, Parissa J.; Syme, S. Leonard // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Feb2016, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p202
Health researchers and practitioners increasingly recognise the important role communities play in shaping individual health. Health researchers recognise the role of community factors as causes or determinants of health problems; use community-based methods for understanding complex health...
- Children, young people & families. Raphael, Beverly // Youth Studies Australia;Jun2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p12
Considers key population health approaches in mental health as they are relevant for children, young people and families across the development trajectory to adult life in Australia. Effectiveness of the Positive Parenting for Preschoolers program; Aim of the Triple P program; Target health...
- REFLECTIONS FROM THE PAST -- HOPE FOR THE FUTURE. Robbins, Stuart G. // Physical & Health Education Journal;Winter2004, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p38
The article presents the author's reflections on the promotion of health and physical fitness among youth in Canada. Factors that prompted the author to take part in health promotion programs and activities are revealed. The financial advantage of increasing the amount of physical activity in...
- Perceived sleep quality and its precursors in adolescents. Tynjälä, J; Kannas, L; Levälahti, E; Välimaa, R // Health Promotion International;Jun99, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p155
Presents a study which investigated perceived sleep quality among Finnish adolescents. General sleep quality by age and sex; Factors associated with perceived sleep quality; Interpretation of the structural equation models used in the study; Practical considerations.
- Teen-friendly exercise encouragement. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Sep99, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p19
Looks at the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports' suggested strategies for promoting activity among adolescents in the United States. Appeal to teens' growing need for independence by stressing that they should take personal responsibility for their health; List of activities;...