Shortage of right skills, languages posing problems
- Labour Laws Under Review. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Oct2008, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p8
The article examines the impact of the proposed review of Singapore's 1995 Employment Act on the labour market. Despite the changes pushed by the Ministry of Manpower's (MOM) the Employment Act, a flexible market will continue to be a key feature of the country's business environment, thus,...
- Labor-Force Heterogeneity as a Source of Agglomeration Economies in an Empirical Analysis of County-Level Determinants of Food Plant Entry. Davis, David E.; Schluter, Gerald E. // Journal of Agricultural & Resource Economics;2005, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p480
Results of this study show that a heterogeneous labor force serves to attract new food manufacturing investment. We conduct analysis for SIC 20, Food and Kindred Product Manufacturing, and disaggregate analysis on all nine three-digit SIC food industries. Heterogeneity variables are a...
- Agency calls for SAWS successor. Sixsmith, Rachel // Horticulture Week;7/10/2008, p30
The article reports on the request by HOPS Labour Solutions to the government to make a successor to the Seasonal Agricultural Workers Scheme (SAWS) in Great Britain. It states that HOPS has proposed that a successor to the scheme should incorporate workers with the government's Tier 3 visas...
- Transitional Employment and Its Effects in Finland. Pirttimaa, Raija; Saloviita, Timo // Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal;Winter2009, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p231
Objective: The aim of this study was to explore the extent and type of transitional employment (TE) work undertaken in clubhouses in Finland and to better understand the influence of transitional employment on the rehabilitation goals of clubhouse members. Secondarily, the survey examined how TE...
- Crate's new mate may regret its Buy American strategy. Snyder, David // Crain's Chicago Business;03/02/98, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p11
Opinion. Focuses on foreign investors in United States companies. Indentification of companies which are foreign owned or operated; Reference to the closure of a department store which was owned by French retailer Galeries LaFayette.
- Foreign Investment Climate. // Thailand Country Review;2010, p84
The article offers information on the condition of foreign investment in Thailand including its import and export commodities, infrastructure projects and employment.
- The impact of foreign direct investment on wages and employment. Zhao, Laxiun // Oxford Economic Papers;Apr98, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p284
Presents a study which examined the impact of foreign direct investment (FDI) on wages and employment. Effects of FDI on negotiated wages; Impact of FDI on union employment and competitive wage; Results of this study.
- China's recruiting complexities. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;6/5/95, Vol. 244 Issue 11, p35
Discusses complications arising from the employment of Chinese nationals for foreign companies doing business in China. Non-government channels as a good source of potential employees; High salary and passport troubles for overseas training.
- chapter 4: Business Environment. // Turkey Business Forecast Report;2007 Quarter1, p31
The article provides information on the business environment conditions in Turkey including the strengths, weakness, business environment risk, legal framework and foreign investment policy.