Merger law reduces interest in corporate absorptions
- REGULATION OF TAKE-OVER BIDS: A BRITISH APPROACH. Sullivan, Joseph P. // Business Lawyer;Jul69, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1275
Focuses on the British approach of regulating take-over bids in New York, New York. Guidelines of City Code on Take-overs and Mergers; Rules on take-over bids; Requirement of cash take-over bid in Williams Act and Rule.
- Competition Law Developments. McCarthy, Niamh // European Retail Digest;Jun2002, Issue 34, p47
Presents information on laws and legislation on commerce in Europe. Changes to merger and cartel laws proposed in the Enterprise Bill in Great Britain; Purpose of the French Commission d'Examen des Pratiques Commerciales created under the Law on New Economic Regulations.
- Transnational Competition Law Aspects of Mergers and Acquisitions. Hannay, William M. // Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business;Winter2000, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p287
Discusses the transnational aspects of mergers and acquisitions in the United States and the European Union countries. European Union's competition law; Key to successful compliance with the antitrust law regime of the U.S. and the competition law regimes of foreign countries.
- Bill would enable gov't to exempt mergers of strategic importance from competition office permission. // Hungary A.M.;10/14/2013, p6
The article reports that a proposed amendment to the constitution of Hungary will allow the national government to declare mergers of "national strategic importance" thereby exempting from the obligation to obtain a permit from the Competition Office.
- Merger relief. Holgate, Peter; Ghosh, Jyoti // Accountancy;Mar1999, Vol. 123 Issue 1267, p98
Focuses on merger relief under section 131 of Companies Act 1985 in Great Britain. Premium arising on consideration shares.
- Consolidation Acts get Royal Assent. // Accountancy;Apr1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1100, p6
Highlights the Royal Assent received by four bills making up the Companies Consolidation Acts in Great Britain.
- Guide to basic law on reconstructions and amalgamations. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Apr1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1100, p110
Provides a guide to basic law on reconstructions and amalgamations under the Companies Act 1948 in Great Britain. Schemes of reconstruction; Amalgamations; Procedure; Creditors; Dissentient shareholders.
- Statutory Instruments. // Accountancy;Jun2006, Vol. 137 Issue 1354, p120
This article discusses statutory regulations in Great Britain. The Takeover Directive Regulations have taken effect and will apply only to bills covered in the directive. Also discussed is Great Britain's Cross-Border Insolvency Regulation, a model law based on regulations from the United...
- Two sides to the monopoly game. Fels, Allan // BRW;2/20/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the section 50 of the Trade Practices Act in Australia which prohibits mergers resulting to a substantial lessening of competition. Transparency of the authorization process; Hostility to the merger law from big business and some corporate advisers.