Merger law reduces interest in corporate absorptions
- REGULATION OF TAKE-OVER BIDS: A BRITISH APPROACH. Sullivan, Joseph P. // Business Lawyer;Jul69, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1275
Focuses on the British approach of regulating take-over bids in New York, New York. Guidelines of City Code on Take-overs and Mergers; Rules on take-over bids; Requirement of cash take-over bid in Williams Act and Rule.
- Gaining Momentum. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Dec2016, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p30
The article that dealmakers have predicted all year that the second half of 2016 would be better for mergers & acquisitions than the first and the third quarter data indeed shows signs of a turnaround.
- Competition Law Developments. McCarthy, Niamh // European Retail Digest;Jun2002, Issue 34, p47
Presents information on laws and legislation on commerce in Europe. Changes to merger and cartel laws proposed in the Enterprise Bill in Great Britain; Purpose of the French Commission d'Examen des Pratiques Commerciales created under the Law on New Economic Regulations.
- Transnational Competition Law Aspects of Mergers and Acquisitions. Hannay, William M. // Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business;Winter2000, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p287
Discusses the transnational aspects of mergers and acquisitions in the United States and the European Union countries. European Union's competition law; Key to successful compliance with the antitrust law regime of the U.S. and the competition law regimes of foreign countries.
- Bill would enable gov't to exempt mergers of strategic importance from competition office permission. // Hungary A.M.;10/14/2013, p6
The article reports that a proposed amendment to the constitution of Hungary will allow the national government to declare mergers of "national strategic importance" thereby exempting from the obligation to obtain a permit from the Competition Office.
- Merger relief. Holgate, Peter; Ghosh, Jyoti // Accountancy;Mar1999, Vol. 123 Issue 1267, p98
Focuses on merger relief under section 131 of Companies Act 1985 in Great Britain. Premium arising on consideration shares.
- Consolidation Acts get Royal Assent. // Accountancy;Apr1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1100, p6
Highlights the Royal Assent received by four bills making up the Companies Consolidation Acts in Great Britain.
- Guide to basic law on reconstructions and amalgamations. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Apr1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1100, p110
Provides a guide to basic law on reconstructions and amalgamations under the Companies Act 1948 in Great Britain. Schemes of reconstruction; Amalgamations; Procedure; Creditors; Dissentient shareholders.
- Two sides to the monopoly game. Fels, Allan // BRW;2/20/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the section 50 of the Trade Practices Act in Australia which prohibits mergers resulting to a substantial lessening of competition. Transparency of the authorization process; Hostility to the merger law from big business and some corporate advisers.