No mistakes, no apologies, no consequences and no progress in politics
- Political heat forces CEZ to curb power price rises. // Utility Week;9/24/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the move of Czech Prime Minister Stanislav Gross to persuade electric company CEZ in imposing a lower price increase in 2005. Price increase announced by CEZ in August 2004; Result of the pressure put by Gross on CEZ Chief Executive Martin Roman; Reaction of large energy consumers to...
- Kasl says he may start brand-new party. // Prague Business Journal;6/3/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p1
Presents an interview with Mayor Jan Kasl in Prague, Czech Republic. Reasons for resigning from post; Problems with the Prague branch of the Civic Democratic Party; Existence of corruption in public offices.
- Gridlock. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p1
Reports the increasing traffic congestion in Prague, Czech Republic. Increase on the number of cars for the period 1990 to 2002; Average number of cars passing along the expressway per day; Statement regarding the funds for road construction by Mayor Jan Kasl.
- Kasl Chairs Jury ...but Czech submissions lacking. J.L.R. // Prague Business Journal;3/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p2
Focuses on the 14th Annual MIPIM (Marche International des Professionels de l'Immobilier) Awards in Cannes, France. Total number of real estate entries for the 2003 competition; Comments of Jan Kasl, president of the MIPIM jury, on the selection process; Kasl's preferences in the business...
- THE FAB BLAIR BOYS. Underhill, William; Krosnar, Katka // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);12/20/2004 Special Issue (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 144, p32
Focuses on Stanislav Gross, Prime Minister of the Czech Republic and, at 35, Europe's youngest Prime Minister. Service as a member of parliament for 12 years before taking charge of the Czech Republic's ruling Social Democratic Party in 2004; Observation that political prodigies are on the rise...
- Money laundering guidance notes for financial institutions. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p56
Announces New Zealand Police's issuance of guidance notes on money laundering.
- Soap operation. Leclerc, Guylaine // CA Magazine;Sep96, Vol. 129 Issue 7, p22
Addresses the problem of corporate money launderings in Canada and the role of accountants in detection of these operations. Measures undertaken by individuals and federal government against money launderings; Setting up and cracking down money laundering operations. INSETS: Breaking the...
- Money laundering: Are you immune? Keys Jr., E. Theodore // Internal Auditor;Apr97, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p83
Deals with a review of the company's adherence to anti-money laundering regulations that include a computerized comparison of company clients to restricted list. How a series of laws that prohibit all U.S. citizens and companies has been administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control...
- Mystery of missing billions. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;9/3/99, Vol. 91 Issue 196, p2
Discusses the practice of money-laundering around the world, in light of the August 1999 discovery that Russian mafia used the practice at the Bank of New York.