- An all-cash deal and a cross-country move. // Inc.;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p26
This article reports on the sale of Dream Essentials, a U.S. company that sells white-noise machines, maternity pillows, and other sleep aids. Founders Adam Boyce and Trina Greenbury sold the company in June 2008 to Mark and Karen Powell. The Powells then moved the company from Rainier,...
- Cockney couture. Omelianuk, Scott; Dunn, Bill // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jun97, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p44
Profiles British tailor Mark Powell. Description of Powell's suits; Popularity of Powell's Edwardian/Regency dandy look in the United States; When Powell started tailoring; Accessories that accompanies Powell's suits; New York department store that will sell Powell's ready-to-wear clothing...
- Columnist takes freelance path to many op-ed pages. Astor, David // Editor & Publisher;4/29/95, Vol. 128 Issue 17, p52
Reports on Mark Powell's success as a freelancer columnist in op-ed pages of newspapers throughout the United States and Canada. Secret to success; Analysis of national and international news events and issues; Career history; Goal of working full-time for a daily paper; Freelance column clients.
- Creators is offering a feature by Powell. // Editor & Publisher;7/23/94, Vol. 127 Issue 30, p31
Reports on Creators Syndicate's distribution of commentary pieces of columnist Mark Powell. Newspapers where Powell free-lanced his commentary pieces; Career background.
- Travels with Mark Powell. Duval, Pete // Appalachian Heritage;Winter2012, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p49
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's friendship and travels with novelist Mark Powell, including a visit to Shiloh National Military Park, walking the streets of Cartagena, Columbia and driving along the Chilean coast.
- Mark Powell: An Appreciation. Rash, Ron // Appalachian Heritage;Winter2012, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p33
The article pays tribute to Appalachian novelist Mark Powell.
- Interview with Mark Powell. La Plante, Jennifer // James Dickey Review;Spring/Summer2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p40
An interview with American author Mark Powell is presented. When asked about the influence of his upbringing on his writing, he says that being in the Southern U.S. is about an oral culture. Powell considers himself as a Southern and an Appalachian writer. He says that he can never quantify what...
- Meteorology: Getting the wind up. Langenberg, Heike // Nature;3/20/2003, Vol. 422 Issue 6929, p273
Highlights the research study concerning wind speeds in the eyewall of hurricanes conducted by Mark Powell and colleagues. Technology used by the researchers to obtain the data; Significance of the research study on global climatic change studies.
- lastword. Mitchell, Peter // SupermarketNews;Sep2014, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p21
The article discusses business-related issues including the stand of chief executive officer (CEO) Mark Powell on the positioning and ambitions of retailer The Warehouse Group Ltd., slowdown of retail sales in New Zealand, and the expansion of the services of Australian supermarkets.