Minority shareholders fear CEZ cleansing
- CEZ makes bid for generator. // Utility Week;12/12/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p15
Reports on the plan of the energy group CEZ to acquire Slovenske Elektrarne (SE) in Europe. List of companies interested to SE; Potential benefit of the reunion of CEZ and SE.
- ...but hardens its position in Germany. // Modern Power Systems;Jun2003, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p7
Reports that electricity producer CEZ has taken a hard negotiating procedure for its proposed nationwide swap of shares in regional electricity distributor with German companies. Accounts on the irrelevance of the interests of foreign competitors; Outlines of the plans of the company to...
- Too much power concentrated in too few hands a bad thing for public. Macháček, Jan // Prague Business Journal;2/4/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p8
Comments on the speculation that RWE, a German energy company, started to negotiate for the acquisition of the electric energy sector in the Czech Republic. Anti-monopoly policy in Germany; Concern of the European Union Commission on the consolidation of the electric energy and gas markets;...
- What to include in a utility prenuptial agreement. Hogan, Joris M. // Electrical World;Nov98, Vol. 212 Issue 11, p57
Explores issues related to mergers and acquisitions in the American electric power industry. Federal and state approval process; Planning for mergers; Protection of shareholders; Regulatory risks connected with mergers. INSET: Getting regulators to bless the union..
- E.ON's buyout bid for ï¿½dï¿½sz ends tussle with EdF. Fincziczki, B�la // Budapest Business Journal;5/6/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the acquisition of EdF International's stake of ï¿½dï¿½sz Rt by E.ON Hungï¿½ria Rt in Hungary. Market share in end-customer electricity supply; Apprehension for the regulatory approval by the Hungarian Energy office; Factors influencing the privatization of the electric utility.
- Nordic utilities deny merger. // International Power Generation;Apr2000, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p7
Reports denial of a merger negotiation by electric utilities companies Vattenfall and Fortum in Finland. Confirmation of discussions on some matters except merger by the two companies; Role of the Vattenfall chairman in the merger rumor; Statement of denial from Fortum vice president and...
- Mergers/acquisitions. // Power;Jan96, Vol. 140 Issue 1, p43
Announces mergers and acquisitions in the electric power industry in the United States as of January 1996. Dresser Industries Inc.'s purchase of the business of Instech Ltd.; Honeywell Inc.'s acquisition of the assets of Control Systems consultants Inc.; Wheelabrator Water Technologies Inc.'s...
- MERGER WOULD BREAK NEW GROUND. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/14/1998, Vol. 241 Issue 22, p15
Reports the intention of Glasgow-based ScottishPower PLC to acquire Oregon-based PacifiCorp. in the United States. Implication of ScottishPower PLC services for power deregulation; Company profile of ScottishPower PLC; Intention of PacifiCorp. to concentrate on core business and utility...
- Does 2+2=5? Flaherty, Thomas J. // Electric Perspectives;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p8
Illustrates how mergers and acquisitions will expand markets and boost financial strength in electric utility industries. Effect of mergers and acquisition to regulatory bodies; Characteristics of the most successful members of the electric utilities industry; Components of the mergers and...