Onerous and costly directive
- Department of Trade and Industry. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;2/18/2002, Issue 79, p57
Focuses on the issues on research assessment exercise in higher education between Department of Trade and Industry and Education in England. Inclusion of higher education on the World trade organization negotiations; Removal of tax relief for students on self-funded vocational training;...
- Bridging the UK's broadband divide. Gushing, Karl // Computer Weekly;12/19/2002, p45
Reports on the project initiated by the Department of Trade & Industry and the regional development agency Advantage West Midlands to introduce broadband technologies in the market town at Bridgnorth in Shropshire, England. Information about tenders to be issued for the project; Number of...
- Get tough on rogue directors. // Cabinet Maker;3/22/2002, Issue 5279, p1
Reports the action of consumer minister Melanie Johnson of the Department of Trade and Industry to ban the former Uno Corp. directors in England. Protection of the reputation of the retail furniture sector; Accusation on misleading the customer; Action for Insolvency Services of the company.
- Future of LDV safeguarded. // Automotive Engineer;May98, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p9
Reports the receipt of LDV of grant from the Dept. of Trade and Industry and Daewoo. Creation of jobs by 2005; Approval of Regional Selective Assistance grant aid; Demanding needs of van operators.
- The State of the Nation. // Builders Merchants Journal;Aug2001, p14
Focuses on the need for a minister within the British Department of Trade and Industry to look after the construction industry as of 2001. Major challenge faced by all parts of the industry; Number of full merchant members of the Builders Merchants Federation in England; Market share of...
- EEF report shows tribunal downturn. Malkin, Brendan // Lawyer;3/18/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p6
Presents a report by the Engineering Employers' Federation on the results of employment tribunal claims in England for 2001. Percentage of claims that were settled or withdrawn by the claimant before reaching the tribunal; Decrease in the number of claims; Information on a survey conducted by...
- De La Rue takeover. // Printing World;3/3/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 9, p4
Reports that the Department of Trade and Industry has cleared De La Rue PLC takeover of the Bank of England's banknote printing operation in Essex, England.
- National Physical Laboratory PFI scheme scrapped. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;2/11/2005, p15
Reports on the postponement of the Private Finance Initiative deal to rebuild the National Physical Laboratory by the Department of Trade and Industry in Middlesex, England. Confirmation on the termination payment given to the contractor Laser; Assumption of full ownership and responsibility for...
- Audit threshold: the impact. Jones, Clive // Accountancy;May2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1317, p92
The England Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) wants to know what the impact will be of lifting the threshold for a statutory audit to 1 million pounds. It's a question that anyone with any interest in the quality of financial reporting of smaller companies would like answered. But coming up...