WLAN Security Gets Funky
- Alcatel and Funk tighten LAN security. Greene, Tim // Network World;04/24/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p21
Reports on Alcatel's use of a custom security package from Funk Software. Prevention of unauthorized local area network users (LAN); Creation of logical workgroups and virtual LAN via the Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service. INSET: Briefs..
- Load balancers playing with firewalls. Hohman, Robin Schreier // Network World;10/26/98, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p37
Focuses on RadWare's FireProof firewall load balancer product that distributes incoming traffic among firewalls. Function as a traffic cop for all data flowing into local area networks; Key features; Benefits to users; Price.
- It's Better to Prevent than to Cure. Tsybulskaya, Alexandra // Database & Network Journal;Apr2010, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p13
The article offers tips on how to secure important data stored in the computer and prevent unauthorized users from using the files. It says that using stronger passwords and encrypting the data with an encryption program, such as TrueCrypt, would protect data from unauthorized access. It...
- SAFENET INTRODUCES SOFTREMOTE SECURITY SOFTWARE FOR WLANS. // LAN Product News;Oct2001, p5
Reports the introduction of SoftRemote, a system for security problems in wireless local area network systems developed by SafeNet in the United States. Provision of secure communications for Internet protocol transports; Features of the system; Advantages of the product.
- FUNK LAUNCHES ODYSSEY CLIENT V2.0 SECURE WLAN ACCESS. // LAN Product News;May2003, pN.PAG
Reports that Funk Software has launched Odyssey Client v2.0. Features added to version 2 of Odyssey Client; Compatibility of Odyssey Client v2.0. to a wired 802.1x environment; Information on the pricing and availability of the product.
- Radius tracks users. // Software Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p22
Presents information on Radius (Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service), which is a standard awaiting IETF certification. Development of Radius by Funk Software, of Cambridge Massachusetts; Comments from Cimarron Boozer, Funk's vice president of product marketing.
- Size of TSR trimmed in remote-control app. Schurr, Amy // PC Week;8/21/95, Vol. 12 Issue 33, pN/19
Presents Funk Software Inc. Proxy 1.5 remote control computer software. Reduction of TSR size; Contact information.
- Notes users can stay connected using WanderLink upgrade. Rooney, Paula // PC Week;11/20/95, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p14
Reports on the launching of Funk Software Inc.'s WanderLink 2.0 remote-access program for Lotus Development Corp.'s Notes and other networked applications. Performance boosts; Support for TCP/IP and Novell Inc.'s VLM 1.2 client; Performance of routing Notes maintenance.
- Funk adds suite metering. Smalley, Eric // PC Week;6/6/94, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p39
Reports on Funk Software Inc.'s AppMeter 1.1 software-metering utility software. Capabilities and enhancements; Pricing and availability; Contact information.