- Spectrum Swap 'n' Shop. Martinek, Marcia // Wireless Review;01/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p8
Provides information on several wireless communication companies. Rights of Leap Wireless to acquire licenses; Swap of licenses between Cingular and VoiceStream; Deals of Alltel.
- Business briefs. // RCR;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p19
Presents news briefs pertaining to the wireless communication industry as of December 20, 1999. Includes the results of Tritel Inc.'s initial public offering; Leap Wireless International Inc.'s plan to purchase personal communication services licenses in Columbus and Georgia.
- Cricket Arrives Back Home With No Contract, Unlimited Calling Plans. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;12/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p17
The article reports on the debut of Cricket, a flat-rate wireless service targeting frugal customers, in San Diego, California. The service costs 45 dollars a month for unlimited minutes along with long distance calling, unlimited text messaging and picture messaging. Cricket is the main...
- Leap launches in Pittsburgh. // RCR Wireless News;6/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p15
Reports on the launching of Cricket Comfortable Wireless Service in Pittsburgh and Macon, Georgia, by leap Wireless International Inc. Details on the service.
- Dialing for dollars. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;7/30/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 5, p7
Comments on how lucrative the wireless advertising market is as implicated in the case of Leap Wireless Inc. Market trials of the company; Financial success of Leap Wireless; Prediction on global revenues from advertising on wireless communication devices as of July 30, 2001.
- business BRIEFS. // RCR;05/01/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p29
Presents news briefs pertaining to the wireless communication systems industry in the United States as of May 1, 2000. Growth of Chadmoore Wireless Group Inc.; Metawave Communications Corp.'s initial public offering; Agreement between SBA Communications Corp. and Telecorp. PCS to provide...
- Innovating by Leaps & Bounds. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;4/1/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p46
Focuses on the promotions launched by Leap Wireless International to differentiate its service from other wireless providers in the U.S. Advantages of the Cricket flat-rate wireless service launched by Leap Wireless; Special rates offered by the wireless provider on its roaming package; Plan of...
- Leap loses couch, keeps focus simple in re-launch. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p9
Reports on the plan of Leap Wireless International Inc. to relaunch its Cricket branded wireless service in the U.S. in November 2003. Features of the upgraded service; Components of the company's wireless approach; Advertising campaign for the initiative; Overview of the industry's opinion on...
- Chadmoore to test ComSpace DC/MA. // RCR;04/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p11
Reports that Chadmoore Wireless Group Inc. will test the DC/MA wireless communication technology of Comspace Corp.