IN THE LOOP…
- Harper completes Hearst takeover. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Dec99, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p5
Reports the corporate reorganization at HarperCollins in Canada. Assignment of director Ann Ledden as vice president; Role of employees Kim Bennett and Bonnie Giles in sales and customer service; Reorganization of sales department employees.
- HarperCollins Reorg Aims To Sharpen Branding Tools. // Book Publishing Report;11/15/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p3
The article focuses on the issues related to the reorganization of HarperCollins Publications Inc. The company has organized several consumer trade imprints under the HarperMorrow moniker to better brand its Harper and Morrow trade books. The company is also incorporating Harper Design,...
- HarperCollins Realigns Adult Trade Group. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;11/15/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 46, p5
Reports on the reorganization of the adult trade group of HarperCollins. Changes in the name of the business entity to HarperMorrow; Appointment of Michael Morrison as president of the business division; Executives that will report directly to Morrison.
- HarperCollins Downshifts. // Publishers Weekly;2/16/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 7, p3
The article reports on the restructuring efforts of publisher HarperCollins (HC) in New York City. The restructuring eliminated the positions of several executives, including Steve Ross, Lisa Gallagher and Brenda Bowen, but also cut jobs at lower levels in all departments. It states that the...
- Harper Realignment In Next Phase. Milliot, Jim; Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2/21/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the series of integration and several personnel changes in HarperCollins. Resignation of Susan Friedland, head of the cookbooks imprint; Promotion of Lisa Gallagher as senior vice-president and associate publisher; Information on the new division in the company.
- Harper Rebounds. // Publishers Weekly;2/8/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 6, p4
The article reports an increase in the operating profits of Harper Collins in the quarter ended December 31, 2009. The factors which contributed to the increase in operating profits included lower cost due in part to the restructuring implemented in February and higher sales. Earnings increased...
- Marwell to Head HC Sales; Lennertz Promoted. // Publishers Weekly;3/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 9, p9
Announces that HarperCollins Publishers Inc. has reorganized the management structure of its sales operations and named Josh Marwell to head the newly unified division. Information on the responsibilities of Marwell; Significance of the restructuring, according to Glenn D'Agnes of...
- Weinberg Moves Up at HC; Trade Paper Unit Regrouped. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/21/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 29, p62
Reports on career changes at U.S. firm HarperCollins Publishers as of July 2003. Promotion of former senior vice president and editorial director Susan Weinberger; Promotion of Carie Freimuth, former marketing director; Details of the reorganizations within the firm.
- Cutbacks hit HarperCollins. Thielman, Sam // Daily Variety;2/11/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 29, p4
The article reports on the organizational changes in HarperCollins publishing company. The News Corp. publisher will be closing its nonfiction division Collins, while the remaining imprints will be distributed to other divisions. The affected employees include senior vice president Lisa...