- Barnes & Noble.com launches digital imprint. Letts, Mike; Walter, Mark // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Feb2001, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on online book retailer Barnes and Noble.com as of February 2001. Company background; Company's launch of its electronic book publishing unit Barnes and Noble Digital.
- Six-Month Sales Top $71M at Bn.com. // Publishers Weekly;8/2/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 31, p14
Reports on the sales increase at barnesandnoble.com (bn.com) for the second quarter ended June 30, 1999. Increase in the net loss; Number of customers added during the second quarter; Why bn.com was able to cut its loss in the period by 7%; Total sales of bn.com in the second quarter of 1998.
- Barnes & Noble.com Reports Flat Sales in Quarter. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/5/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 18, p9
Reports a decline in the sales of online retailer Barnes & Noble.com during the first quarter of 2003. Comparison with year-ago figures; Reason for the decline in sales; Forecasts for the year.
- Cuts in Jobs, Costs Shrink Losses at B & N.com. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 14, p14
Presents information on the report filed by Barnes & Noble.com at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in 2002 regarding its operating loss. Reasons behind the decrease in the losses of the company; Increase in the customer base of the company; Decline in the international sales of the...
- Good Fourth Quarter Boosts B&N.com Results. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;2/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 5, p9
Highlights the strong performance of online book retailer Barnes&Noble.com during the fourth quarter of 2002. Assessment of the quarterly net loss of the company in 2002; Factors which contributed to the financial gains posted during the fourth quarter; Forecast on the financial performance of...
- barnesandnoble.com Launches E-Book Publishing Division. // Information Today;Feb2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p33
Announces the creation of Barnes & Noble Digital, an electronic publishing imprint, by barnesandnoble.com. Services for authors; Focus of the company.
- BN.com Launches E-Book Imprint. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;1/8/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 2, p9
Reports that Barnes&Noble.com will launch Barnes & Noble Digital (B&ND), an electronic publishing imprint. Efforts of the e-tailer to be the leader in the e-book industry; Royalty that B&ND will offer on the wholesale price of its titles that are sold through third-party retailers; Necessary...
- Online Sales Tax Debate Rages On. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;2/13/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the controversy surrounding the collection of online sales tax by Barnes&Noble.com. A debate has ensued over Barnes' collection of sales tax at several states in the U.S. Accordingly, the sales tax collection of Barnes has not changed since it has always charged tax on...
- Esquire publishes e-book issue. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Jun2000, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p22
Presents news from the electronic publishing market, as of June 2000. `Esquire's e-book edition of its annual `July Summer Reading' issue; Teamup of Rodale with Internet Book Co.; Random House's distribution of digital audio books; BN.com's appointment of its e-book head.