You Know The Book, Now Meet The Publisher–British House Sets Out To End Anonymity In The U.S
- Mitchell Beazley Moves to Phaidon. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/6/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 32, p18
Discusses the decision of United Kingdom-based publisher Mitchell Beazley to switch to Phaidon Press for its book distribution in the United States. Decision of the company to publish its entire wine book list itself; Plans for several books.
- Publishers ready new titles, ad rate packages for 2003. Liebman, Milton // Medical Marketing & Media;Sep2002, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the business plans of the journal publishers in the U.S. Publication of magazine on diabetes and endocrine disorders; Inclusion of pharmaceutical advertising; Support of the nonprofit group on the publication of the journal.
- Marketing magic. McGuckin, Frances // Quill & Quire;Jun2001, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p17
Comments on the problems of the bookselling industry on independent retail booksellers in Canada. Marketing strategy of various booksellers; Importance of developing solid written and verbal communication skills; Tips in promoting bookstores.
- THE VALUE OF "CURATED" REVIEWS. Sutherland, Victoria // ForeWord Reviews;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses the changes that will be implemented within the publication to provide better service to the publishing sector.
- Deciphering a confusing 'Community' of interests. Moses, Lucia // Editor & Publisher;06/19/99, Vol. 132 Issue 25, p28
Focuses on the Community publishers, small-newspaper companies attaching the word `Community,' in their corporate names in the United States. Confusion brought by similarities of company names; Companies involved; Pros and cons of the situation; Business profiles of companies involved.
- Make Your Budget A Planning Tool. Lawler, Tracy // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;04/15/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p15
Gives advice on the use of a publishing company's budget as a planning tool. Provision of budget goals to all department heads; Understanding of the company's unwritten accomplishments; Creation of management reports to track performance versus budget. INSET: Stand Up and Be Heard..
- THE WEEK AHEAD DEC. 13-19. WELLS, MAGGIE // Crain's New York Business;12/6/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p31
A calendar of events for the New York City area is presented which includes the New York StartUP! 2011 Business Plan Competition, to be held on December 13, 2010; the Association of American Publishers and Bowker's Pubtrack's educational forum in editorial and marketing, to be held on December...
- Outlook 2010. // Audience Development;Winter2010, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p20
The article introduces a section within the issue which discusses the initiatives of nine executives for 2010.
- The Editor As Financial Planner. Graham, Anne // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;4/1/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p21
Focuses on the roles of editor on a smaller association magazines. Use of eight critical elements in defining the best-business plan; Benefits of staff members in the development of a business plan; Key factor in most business plan.