Inmates' physical activity as part of the health ecology
- PET benefits. // Woman's Day (Australian Consolidated Press);6/27/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 26, p76
Focuses on the role of pets in teaching life skills to children. Development of social skills; Increase in physical activity and bonding between family members; Formation of self-esteem.
- Self-esteem BOOSTER. // Shape;Dec2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p92
Highlights information about how exercise helps to boost self-esteem.
- Take Control, Take Action. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb2003, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p20
Comments on the importance of physical fitness in improving the self-esteem of individuals. Factors that influence self-esteem; Importance of responsibility in building self-esteem.
- APPALACHIAN AND PACIFIC CREST TRAIL HIKERS: A COMPARISON OF BENEFITS AND MOTIVATIONS. HILL, EDDIE; GÓMEZ, EDWIN; GOLDENBERG, MARNI; FREIDT, BARBARA; FELLOWS, STEPHANIE; HILL, LAURA // Journal of Unconventional Parks, Tourism & Recreation Research;2014, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p9
The Appalachian Trail (AT) and Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) are two scenic trails named in the National Trails System Act of 1968. Recently, trails and footpaths have been used to promote such benefits as healthy lifestyles, sense of community, and an increased quality of life. The purpose of this...
- Bright Lights, Big Waistline. Elkins, Kimberly // Prevention;Oct2005, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p125
Reports on the story of how Rachel Russell handles a weight gain and job loss with diet and exercise. Description of her lifestyle and weight gain; How she lost her job and continued gaining weight; Effect of being overweight on her self-esteem and job hunting; Description of her diet plan and...
- Self esteem, physical activity and sedentary lifestyle associated with physical performance among Turkish elemantary school children. Özşaker, Murat; Dorak, Ferudun; Vurgun, Nilgün // HealthMed;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p1636
This research was conducted in order to determine the relationship between Physical performance and self esteem among the children aged between 12-14 in terms of age, gender and participation in sports and exercises. The research was conducted with 865 students from Izmir city center who...
- Success stories. Hurd, Shannon; L'Heureux, Patricia // Shape;Apr99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p62
Relates how two women lost their excess weight and gained self-esteem by following a physical fitness regimen. Understanding of the effect of behavior on one's eating habits; Schedule for workouts; Tips for keeping off the excess pounds.
- pet...A PET -- ANY PET! // O, The Oprah Magazine;Jul2013, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p107
The article discusses the benefits of being pet owners compared to their petless counterparts like having a greater self-esteem, being more physically fit, and tending to less anxious.
- Editorial: Developing Commitment. Studd, Dave // Guidance & Counseling;Nov92, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p3
This article introduces the November 1992 issue of the journal "Guidance & Counselling." The articles in this issue speak to one side or the other of the logical positivism/phenomenological approaches. In their article authors Lindy Peterson and Honorï¿½ France describe children who are...