Inmates' physical activity as part of the health ecology
- PET benefits. // Woman's Day (Australian Consolidated Press);6/27/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 26, p76
Focuses on the role of pets in teaching life skills to children. Development of social skills; Increase in physical activity and bonding between family members; Formation of self-esteem.
- Self-esteem BOOSTER. // Shape;Dec2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p92
Highlights information about how exercise helps to boost self-esteem.
- Take Control, Take Action. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb2003, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p20
Comments on the importance of physical fitness in improving the self-esteem of individuals. Factors that influence self-esteem; Importance of responsibility in building self-esteem.
- Bright Lights, Big Waistline. Elkins, Kimberly // Prevention;Oct2005, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p125
Reports on the story of how Rachel Russell handles a weight gain and job loss with diet and exercise. Description of her lifestyle and weight gain; How she lost her job and continued gaining weight; Effect of being overweight on her self-esteem and job hunting; Description of her diet plan and...
- Self esteem, physical activity and sedentary lifestyle associated with physical performance among Turkish elemantary school children. Özşaker, Murat; Dorak, Ferudun; Vurgun, Nilgün // HealthMed;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p1636
This research was conducted in order to determine the relationship between Physical performance and self esteem among the children aged between 12-14 in terms of age, gender and participation in sports and exercises. The research was conducted with 865 students from Izmir city center who...
- Success stories. Hurd, Shannon; L'Heureux, Patricia // Shape;Apr99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p62
Relates how two women lost their excess weight and gained self-esteem by following a physical fitness regimen. Understanding of the effect of behavior on one's eating habits; Schedule for workouts; Tips for keeping off the excess pounds.
- pet...A PET -- ANY PET! // O, The Oprah Magazine;Jul2013, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p107
The article discusses the benefits of being pet owners compared to their petless counterparts like having a greater self-esteem, being more physically fit, and tending to less anxious.
- BRING BABY TO THE TABLE. MICCO, NICCI // Baby Talk;Feb2012, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses the benefits of bringing babies to the dining table with their parents regularly at mealtime, which include eating a diet rich in nutrients, higher self-esteem, and learning family-specific social skills.
- Editorial: Developing Commitment. Studd, Dave // Guidance & Counseling;Nov92, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p3
This article introduces the November 1992 issue of the journal "Guidance & Counselling." The articles in this issue speak to one side or the other of the logical positivism/phenomenological approaches. In their article authors Lindy Peterson and Honor� France describe children who are deficit...