Wireless Shares Remain Under Pressure
- Leap acquires interest in ClearTalk venture. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the interest acquired by Leap Wireless International Inc. from the wireless venture formed by NTCH Inc. and ClearTalk.
- Leap Shares Fall With News of Customer Losses. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;8/13/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p9
The article reports on the decreased of Leap Wireless International Inc. shares due to the 41.6 million dollars net loss in customers in the second quarter of 2012, compared with a net loss of 65.2 million dollars in 2011.
- Leap nets $97.9M in stock offering. // RCR Wireless News;5/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p46
Reports that Leap Wireless International Inc. completed its underwritten public offering of shares of its common stock in the United States. Amount of the shares; Proceeds of the shares.
- Leap issues stock to MCG PCS. // RCR Wireless News;9/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p5
Reports on the decision of Leap Wireless International Inc. to issue shares of common stock to MCG PCS Inc. Reason behind the decision of Leap; Implication of the issuance to MCG; Trading status of Leap's stocks as of September 9, 2002.
- Leap Wireless International LEAP. Elgrably, Patrick // Morningstar GrowthInvestor;Dec2006, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p14
The article focuses on the growth of Leap Wireless International. Leap provides wireless communication services under the Cricket and Jump Mobile brands. The company provides wireless voice and data services to underserved markets. The fair value estimate for the company is $38 per share. Within...
- Metro ditches bid for Leap. // RCR Wireless News;11/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p8
The article reports that MetroPCS Communications Inc. dropped its proposal to merge with Leap Wireless International Inc., following Leap's disinterest in the deal. Metro's stock was down around 1% on the news, while Leap's fell almost 6%. MetroPCS early in September announced an unsolicited...
- Leap Wireless, MetroPCS spar over merger. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;9/24/2007, Vol. 248 Issue 15, p12
The article reports on the issues concerning the proposed merger of Leap Wireless International Inc. and MetroPCS Communications Inc. in the U.S. Leap rejects Metro's offer to exchange 2.75 of its share for every one Leap share due to operational problems. Furthermore, Metro responds that Leap...
- Wireless banking. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p10
The author discusses the decision of James D. Dondero, owner of hedge fund Motient Corp. and director of Leap Wireless to sell 93,000 of his shares of Leap. The author questions the wisdom of Dondero's decision to sell his stocks. He mentions the accusations of Dondero on the gross mismanagement...
- MARKET place. // San Diego Business Journal;4/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p38
The article presents several charts that lists stock prices of business enterprises, market watch and top gainers in losers based on share prices including Leap Wireless International Inc., PICO Holdings Inc. and Dexcom Inc.