- Priming the content pump. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;08/21/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the bid of RealNetworks to become a player in the business of delivering premium multimedia content on the Internet. Software to be offered by the company; Multimedia provider contracts of RealNetworks; Competitor of the company; Strategy of RealNetworks to lock in on market share.
- Real And Microsoft Step Up Format Efforts. Fitzpatrick, Eileen // Billboard;03/25/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 13, p5
Reports on Microsoft Corp. and RealNetworks' desire to become the Internet leader in the United States. Microsoft's launch of its Windows Media Audio format that is compatible with competing RealNetworks products; Possibility that Windows Media would be the universal format; Debut of...
- Financing at a high-tech pace. Karlin // Treasury & Risk Management;Oct99, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p34
Features Seattle, Washington-based Internet company RealNetworks Inc. Founder Robert Glaser's struggles to put up the company; Initial financing from friends; Controversy regarding the company's online audio and video delivery; Initial public offering; Responsibilities of chief financial...
- Bronfman: Net piracy a cancer. Doman, Matthew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/30/2000, Vol. 363 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the remarks by Edgar Bronfman Jr., president and chief executive of United States firm Seagram Co. on online piracy during a conference held by RealNetworks Inc. in California. Online piracy charges against My.MP3.com, Napster and Gnutella; Copyright infringement lawsuits against...
- RealNetworks transforms into Web media company. Williamson, Debra Aho // Advertising Age;7/17/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 30, p54
The article discusses the transition by RealNetworks into a Web media company. Key issues discussed include RealNetworks' launch of computer software that allowed consumers to listen to real-time audio, the role of streaming software in the competition for Internet media and background...
- Online pic purveyor eyes profit threshold. Bloom, David // Variety;2/3/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 11, p7
Presents updates on online entertainment companies as of February 2003. Conversion of CinemaNow of its services to a for-pay basis; Profits of Yahoo! in 2002; Number of subscribers of RealNetworks.
- Real gives Rhapsody weight with Stones. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;8/18/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 31/32, p4
Reports on the contract made by RealNetworks Inc. with Rolling Stones for the latter's music catalog in Los Angeles, California. Terms in the deal; Tenure of the contract; Overview on the other initiatives of RealNetworks in gaining a higher share in the music download market.
- iQ interactive news @deadline. // Brandweek;12/04/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 47, p47
Presents updates on several online companies as of December 4, 2000. Purpose of the Internet component launched by RealNetworks company; Acquisition of The Internet Edition Inc. by PowerAdz.com; Web sites with the largest surge in user traffic.
- Taking on the mobile data challenge. Falenchuk, Oksana; Shaikh, Jawad // Total Telecom Magazine;Oct2003, p36
Reports on the survey conducted by Telecom Media Networks' Strategic Research Lab and analysis unit focusing on the Telecom and Media sectors, on the mobile data plans of European and U.S. operators. Trends in how operators are taking on mobile data; Services launched by major operators;...