Regulators Seek Cure For 'Enronitis'
- SEC Tightens the Screws On Recap Accounting Treatment. Sikora, Martin // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Aug2001, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p36
Reports that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has revised its recapitalization accounting rules as of August 2001. Provisions of the regulations; Restructuring of the target; Minority investors.
- SECURITIES IN REGISTRATION: DEBT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/8/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 31, p55
Presents a list of debt offerings registered in the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Amount filed by Napster Inc. for its offering; Filing date of the offering of Nitromed Inc.; Security type of the offering of Qwest Communications International Inc.
- More Restated Financials. // Practical Accountant;Sep2002, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p10
Reports that Qwest Communications International has issued a major restatement of its financial positions under investigations by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Accounting policies regarding sale transactions; Transactions the company did not properly account for certain expenses...
- SEC Launches Worldcom Probe, Expands Inquiry Into Qwest Accounting, as New Winstar Owner Questions Revenues. Spector, Phillip L. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q1, p1
The article reports on the probe launched by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) into the accounting practices of Qwest Communications and long distance giant WorldCom. The two telecommunication companies both acknowledged the receipt of document requests from the SEC. The SEC...
- Qwest under formal SEC investigation. // RCR Wireless News;4/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p34
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to investigate the accounting practices of Qwest Communications International Inc.
- SEC requests financial reporting info from WorldCom, Qwest. // RCR Wireless News;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the request received by WorldCom Inc. and Qwest Communications International Inc. from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to produce documents about their financial reporting practices. Requested areas of interest; Response of WorldCom and Qwest on the request.
- A Fair Trade. Prince, C.J. // Entrepreneur;Oct2003, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p59
Reports on the tussle between Denver-based telephone company Qwest Communications International Inc. and the Securities and Exchange Commission. Qwest's recognition of a multi-billion revenue from 1999 'swap' sales; Swap of fiber-optic capacity with other telephone companies by Qwest;...
- SEC INQUIRY COULD HARM QWEST'S FINANCING EFFORTS. Weber, Toby // Telephony;3/18/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 11, p28
Reports on the effect of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) inquiry into the accounting practices of Qwest Communications on the sale and valuation of its directory business and on its other de-leveraging plans. Revenue posted by the directory business of Qwest in 2001;...
- THE Q-FACTOR. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;11/5/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 19, p24
Comments on the financial performance of Qualcomm and Qwest Communications in the telecommunication market. Benefit of royalties paid by telecommunication vendors to Qualcomm; Overview of the financial losses of Qwest.