Aerie Resurrects Ricochet
- Aerie Networks Breaks Ground. // Multichannel News;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p58
Reports the construction of a broadband network by Aerie Networks in Denver, Colorado.
- Competition Watch. // Telephony;09/25/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 13, p34
Presents update on the telecommunications industry of the United States as of September 25, 2000. Market expansion of Mpower Communications' high-speed voice and data services; Construction of the broadband communications network of Aerie Networks.
- Aerie network to mass produce city-to-city bandwidth nationwide. Pease, Robert // Lightwave;Sep2000, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p1
Deals with the construction of the multipath fiber-optic broadband network by Aerie Networks. Installation of the alternative path; Idea behind the construction; Information on the company's business plan.
- Pipeline Companies Join In Broadband Network. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May2000, Vol. 227 Issue 5, p2
Focuses on CMS Energy's participation in a United States-based broadband telecommunications network being built by Aerie Networks. Contribution of access to some of its pipeline rights-of-way; Aerie Networks'goal of permanently changing the pricing structure for bandwidth to feed anticipated...
- Fiber Wholesaling, Round Two. Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;May2000, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the plan of Aerie Networks to start the construction of a dark fiber network in the United States in summer 2000. Development of broadband networks; Details of the plan; Opportunities for Postal, Telegraph and Telephone Administration (PTT); Problems faced by PTT.
- Aerie Networks buys Ricochet network in bargain-basement deal. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;11/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p7
Reports that Aerie Networks Inc., a broadband services company, has acquired Ricochet Networks, a wireless broadband network of Metricom Inc. Financial losses posted by Ricochet; Information of the loyal customer base of Ricochet; Factors which affected the bankruptcy condition of Ricochet;...
- Aerie shakes up its strategy. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;9/10/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 11, p28
Looks at the decision of Aerie Network to bid for a portion of Metricom's Ricochet. Implication on the company's strategy; How Jeff Moore, senior analyst for Current Analysis, described the company's move; Brief information on the company.
- RICOCHET REBOUND? Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;12/23/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p25
Reports on efforts of computer networking company Aerie Networks Inc. to revive its wireless data network Ricochet. Adoption of improved management techniques; Bankruptcy of the former owner; Changed price model for Ricochet's services.
- A New Face in Wholesale. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul2000, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p17
Reports on Aerie Networks' plan to build a nationwide fiber optic network in the United States. Installation of the lines along petroleum pipeline networks; Company's provision of utilities with equity; Company's construction of its national broadband platform.