International Woes Plague Nextel
- International Subsidiary's Woes Beleaguer Nextel. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;2/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p12
Deals with the problem facing Nextel Communications Inc. on its international subsidiary, NII Holdings Incorporated. Options NII Holdings is considering to restructure its debt; Drop in the stock price trading of Nextel; Projected subscriber growth of Nextel for 2002; Outlook of analysts on the...
- Nextel subsidiary misses $8.3M credit facility payment. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;1/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the failure of NII Holdings Inc. to make a payment under its Argentine credit facility and could be forced to file for bankruptcy; Interest payment put up by the company; Agreements entered by the company with several lenders.
- Executive hints at Nextel Argentina sale. // Latin America Telecom;Jun2015, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p2
The article informs that the firm NII Holdings has given an indication to sell its Nextel Argentina unit in order to expand its investment in Brazil to private equity firms Kingsley Capital and Optimum Capital, and mentions views of Nextel Brazil company president Gokul Hemmady on the same.
- Nextel: walkie-talkies make a comeback. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;April 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p182
Reports on the increase in revenue of U.S. wireless operator Nextel Communications. Consideration of competition; Net loss and profit; Deconsolidation of stake in NII Holdings.
- Nextel Direct Connect goes international. // Business Journal (Central New York);5/21/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p26
Reports on the launch of the International Direct Connect walkie-talkie service by Nextel Communications Inc. in partnership with Nextel Partners Inc., NII Holdings Inc. and TELUS Mobility.
- Worries Grow For LatAm Carriers. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;4/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p18
Reports on the popularity of debt restructuring among wireless operators in Latin America, as of April 2002. Move made by NII Holdings Inc. when its Argentine unit failed to make a payment on its credit facility; Failure of BCP to make a debt payment; Decision of Verizon Communications Inc. to...
- Leveraged Market Bids Adieu To Nextel. J. M. // Bank Loan Report;1/31/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the plan of Nextel Communications to exit the funds of several institutional leveraged loan investors. Aim of the company to complete a new term loan with ultratight pricing; Intention of the company to enter in a credit through its subsidiary, Nextel Finance Co.; Requirement for the...
- Nextel's international unit files for bankruptcy protection. D.B. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jun2002, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p26
Reports on the filing of a unit of Nextel Communications for bankruptcy protection in Reston, Virginia. Restructure of the debt of NII Holdings; Investment loss by Nextel Communications on the company; Commitment of the company to obtain a capital.
- Latin American markets continue operating as NII declares bankruptcy. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/3/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p25
Reports on the filing of NII Holdings Inc. for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware. Agreement reached by the company with its main creditors; Significance of the proposed restructuring; Views of Paul Saleh, executive vice president and chief...