Carriers Pare Back Spending, Goals
- E911 Progress Reports Send Mixed Signals. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p6
Reports that carriers in the U.S. still have significant problems to overcome despite progress on implementing enhanced 911 (E911) services. Reason Sprint PCS might not make a deadline requiring that 25 percent of all the new handsets it sells are Global Positioning System- (GPS) capable; Date...
- Heavyweights feel stock market blows. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the drop of stock prices of wireless telecommunication firms Nextel Communications and Sprint PCS in the second week of February 2001.
- Silver Lining. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;10/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p20
Reports on the hope of the U.S. wireless communication industry in retail sales of mobile enterprise services in the 2001 holiday season. Views on the mobile enterprise sector; Reason for the strong wireless application protocol penetration rate of Nextel; Type of business applications offered...
- Throwing Nextel A Curve Ball. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;4/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p1
Reports that the Direct Connect service offered by Nextel Communications Inc. in the U.S. will be challenged by competitors in 2002. Technology to be used by Sprint PCS; Views on the competition; Advantage of Nextel over competitors.
- Sprint's Lauer says he can beat Nextel's PTT connect time. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/31/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the plan of Spint PCS to compete with Nextel Communications Inc. in the area of push-to-talk service offering. Unique position of Nextel Communications Inc.; Ranking of Nextel among the major cellular telephone service carriers in the U.S.; Preparations of Nextel Communications for...
- Sprint PTT service falls short of Nextel's, but tops Verizon's. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the mixed performance reviews received by Sprint PCS' Ready Link walkie-talkie service. Advantage of Nextel Communications Incorporated's Direct Connect service over Ready Link; Comments from Phil Cusick, telecommunication analyst at Bear Stearns & Co. Inc.; Similarities and...
- Nextel stock on upswing with 4Q results, Sprint PCS punished. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the additional wireless subscribers announced by Nextel Communications Inc. Reported earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization of the company; Increase in the stocks of the company; Profit warning of Sprint PCS.
- Sprint, Nextel tweak rate plans before holiday competition
begins. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p20
Focuses on the efforts of several wireless carriers to update and expand their limited availability rate plan offerings in preparation for the competition during the holiday season in the U.S. Details of the higher-end version of the Fair & Flexible plan offered by Sprint PCS; Information on...
- Sprint PCS Raises Billions For 3G Upgrades. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;8/13/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 33, p12
Deals with the success of Sprint PCS on raising money in its secondary offering of shares and equity units in 2001. Budget allocated by the company on its upgrade plans; Total value of Sprint's capital expenditure plans; Factors attributed to the company's secondary offering performance;...