Vermont governor signs universal health care program into law
- Vermont governor proposes single-payer health system. Currie, Donya // Nation's Health;Apr2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on a health care plan released by Vermont governor Peter Shumlin in February 2011 proposing the use of a single-payer health system.
- Vermont governor tangles with bears. // American City & County;May2012, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p22
The article focuses on an incident involving Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin wherein he find four bears eating at his backyard birdfeeders at his rented home in Montpelier.
- Vermont Adjusts Mortgage Licensing Provisions. // Pratt's Mortgage Compliance Letter;May2012, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the signing into law by Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin on April 20, 2012 of a bill permitting owner financing without securing a license.
- New Vermont law shows how state flexibility can work with the Affordable Care Act. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/30/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p13
The article reports on the House Resolution (H.R. 202) signing of Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin mentioning that the bill establishes the Green Mountain Care approach of the government on implementing the Affordable Care Act.
- Openly Pro-Assisted Suicide Proponent Elected Governor in Vermont. BEERWORTH, MARY HAHN // National Right to Life News;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 37 Issue 11/12, p15
The article announces the election of Peter Shumlin as governor of Vermont in the November 2, 2010 election in the U.S.
- Vermont Enacts PBM Legislation. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;5/25/2012, p8
The article reports on the move by Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin to enact a law to establish pharmacy audit standards for pharmacy benefit managers.
- NEWS BRIEFS: NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL. // Saint Anthony Messenger;Jul2013, Vol. 121 Issue 2, p13
The article presents world news briefs related to catholic church and faith as of June 7, 2013. Vermont governor Peter Shumlin has legalized physician-assisted suicide to terminally ill individuals on May 20, 2013. The Boy Scouts of America's National Council voted to allow openly gay youth to...
- Vermont Encourages Geothermal Installs. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/21/2014, Vol. 252 Issue 12, p5
The article offers information related to the bill S 202, signed by Vermont governor Peter Shumlin as of July 2014, that enables Vermont to encourage the installation of high-efficiency geothermal heat pumps.
- VERMONT. D. R. S. // Education Week;1/21/2015, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p19
The article reports on Vermont Governor Peter E. Shumlin's January 15, 2015 State of the State address, noting cost-cutting measures for education programs and aid to districts that allow school mergers, as well as changes to laws affecting teachers' unions.