Shoot, Move, Communicate
- Under control. Arana-Barradas, Louis // Airman;Mar2002, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p14
Discusses how Captain Paul Soomsawasdi became a U.S. Air Force combat controller assigned at the Naval Station Roosevelt Roads in Puerto Rico. Role of combat controllers; Training of Soomsawasdi; Role of special operations in the U.S. war on terrorism.
- FROM THE COMMANDANT. Csrnko, Thomas R. // Special Warfare: The Professional Bulletin of the John F. Kenned;May/Jun2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p4
The author discusses the changes made to the training and organization at the Special Warfare Center and School (SWCS) in the U.S. These changes include the development of the Special Forces (SF) Qualification course, the application of the concept of the instructor Operational Detachment Alpha...
- Rebel Activity Rebounds in Ingushetia. // Eurasia Daily Monitor;4/13/2012, Vol. 9 Issue 74, p7
The article reports on the launch of a special operation by security forces in Ingushetia, Russia on April 13, 2012. It notes that the initiation of the special military operation is driven by the rebound of rebel activity in the region. It is said by the Chechen Interior Ministry that the...
- SPECIAL FORCES IN COUNTER-TERROR. Eshel, David // NATO's Nations & Partners for Peace;2002, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p154
Focuses on the special forces established by the global community in an effort to counter terrorism in the 21st century. Basic roles of Special Operation Forces; Discussion of U.S. special forces activities in the global anti-terror campaign; Overview of world national special forces qualified...
- FROM THE COMMANDANT. Sacolick, Bennet S. // Special Warfare: The Professional Bulletin of the John F. Kenned;Jan-Mar2012, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the U.S. Army special operations forces (ARSOF) and Iraqi special-operations forces (ISOF).
- Espina puzzled: Where were 315 SAF troopers during firefight? // Filipino Reporter;2/6/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p11
The article focuses on Philippine National Police officer-in-charge Leonardo Espina who asked for the whereabouts of the Special Action Force commandos while their comrades were battling the Moro Islamic Liberation Front and Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom fighters in Maguindanao on January 25, 2015.
- DTCI Paralegal Service Project. // Indiana Lawyer;9/23/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p26
The article offers information on the support being organized by the Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (DTCI) Paralegal Section as of late September 2015 for a 10-member special operations detachment military troop stationed abroad.
- COIN OPERATIONS AND THE RISE AND FALL OF AN IRAQI WARLORD. Rodriguez, Frank A. // Infantry;Aug-Dec2009, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p36
The article discusses the counterinsurgency (COIN) operations in Iraq and describes an Iraqi warlord, named Adel. The author led the Cavalry troop slated for deployment to Iraq. His COIN training and a relationship management background helped him to prepare for the challenges in Iraq. Adel was...
- Green Berets in Action. Nobleman, Marc Tyler // Green Berets in Action;2008, p1
This book discusses the operations the training and operations of the U.S. Army's Special Forces. This elite group of soldiers is also known as the Green Berets because of the headgear worn by the soldiers when not in battle. These soldiers accept some of the most dangerous missions, which...