- TAX TIME! Don't let forms get you down. Williams, Raina // All Hands;Feb97, Issue 958, p33
The article provides suggestions for active duty military personnel on filing tax returns in the U.S.
- 'Tis the season...for filing taxes. Allen, Jeremy // All Hands;Mar1998, Issue 971, p32
Offers tips to military personnel on filing income tax returns in the United States. Significant dates on filing; Tax forms; Calculation of income; Contact facilities. INSET: Filing shortcuts..
- Saving Private Ryan's Tax Refund. Lipman, Francine J. // NewsQuarterly;Sep2009, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p17
The author examines tax provisions affecting members of the U.S. armed forces and proposes procedural change to save the tax refund of soldiers. The general compensation package and demographic profile of military personnel show that they are likely to be in lower-income families. Tax-free...
- Chief's Notes. Morrill, Arthur B. // Officer Review Magazine;Oct2011, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p20
The article discusses the three-step tax reporting process of the U.S. Military Order of the World Wars (MOWW). It says that Chapters and other sub-elements should be electronically filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) between July 1 and August 31 annually. It tells that an MOWW Form 1...
- Gulf forces. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Sep91, Vol. 108 Issue 1177, p48
Reports that tax districts and collection offices have received instructions to allow members of forces who have been serving in the Gulf additional time for correspondence and payment of tax.
- Tax Tips for Military Members. Montanaro, Joseph J. J. // Officer;Apr/May2010, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p64
The article offers tips on filing tax returns for military members in the U.S. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has allowed tax-free combat pay for an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to save extra money and reduce debt. Joint returns between spouses should consider filing returns, paying...
- Tax statements to be posted on myPay. Fisher, Cindy // Marines;Oct-Dec2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p46
Reports that the myPay web site of the United States Department of Defense Finance and Accounting Service provides Marines with access to wage and tax statements and pay account information. Users' use of a browser with Secure Socket Layers protocol with 128-bit encryption software; Use of a...
- Bosnia tax relief signed into law. // Practical Accountant;May96, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p20
Announces the signing of a bill by United States President Bill Clinton, relating to tax benefits for military personnel serving in Bosnia, Herzegovina, Croatia and Macedonia. Changes retroactive to 21st of November 1995; List of what law provisions include.
- Tax Note. // Army Lawyer;Nov94, Issue 264, p44
Discusses the changes made in the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 that will affect taxpayers in the United States Army.