Military kid hits prime time
- `Brat' breaks into the big time. Nachshen, Mike // Airman;Apr99, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p38
Profiles Jean-Luke Figueroa, who has one of the lead roles in `Gloria,' released by Columbia Pictures. How he started his career in the entertainment industry; His modeling career; Upcoming movie.
- Kim Fields: What happened to child stars after TV fame? // Jet;1/23/89, Vol. 75 Issue 16, p56
Summary of paths black child actors have taken since acting on television shows.
- Show biz kids. Lyons, D.C. // Ebony;May1990, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p106
Profiles three pre-teen stars. Actress Raven-Symone (Raven-Symone Christiana Pearman), four, of NBC's comedy series `The Cosby Show'; Singer Tevin Campbell, 12; Actor Tony T. Johnson, six, of the NBC comedy show `Amen.' Backgrounds; How the children broke into show business.
- Tinseltown criers. Woodson, Michelle // Entertainment Weekly;12/2/94, Issue 251, p57
Focuses on the new group of prime-time toddlers who are appearing on the fall 1994 television programs. How most of these television roles are done by a set of twins, sharing one part; Kent and Garrett Hazen of `Roseanne'; Dylan and Cole Sprouse of `Grace Under Fire'; Taylor and Brandon Porter...
- Raising a show biz kid. Alexander, Ben // Back Stage;4/8/94, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p1
Discusses the demands of balancing career and childhood for child actors. Tender vulnerabilities of youth; Performer's life of rehearsal schedules, expenditures and auditions; Role of parents.
- Wise words from working kids. Hersh, Amy; LaRue, Michele // Back Stage;4/8/94, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p29
Features interviews with child actors. Experiences in show business; Route taken to achieve fame; Invaluable roles of family; Buddy Smith; Laura Bundy; Danny Gerard; Brian Press.
- When TV kids go down the tubes: Eight stories you won't see on sitcoms. // People;3/25/91, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p38
Looks at what happened to eight child television stars, including Anissa Jones' drug overdose, Rusty Hamer's suicide, and Lauren Chapin's drug abuse, psychosis and poverty and more. Macenzie Phillips; Adam Rich; Danny Bonaduce; Lauren Chapin.
- Untitled. // Sight & Sound;Nov93, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p5
Discusses the movie brats and their parent-managers. Macaulay Culkin and father Kit; Michael Oliver and mother Dianne; Problems with negotiations.
- JUNIOR Achievers. // People;04/10/2000, Vol. 53 Issue 14, p124
Focuses on several child actors who won, or were nominated for, Academy Awards in the past, and what they are doing now that they are adults.