Military kid hits prime time
- `Brat' breaks into the big time. Nachshen, Mike // Airman;Apr99, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p38
Profiles Jean-Luke Figueroa, who has one of the lead roles in `Gloria,' released by Columbia Pictures. How he started his career in the entertainment industry; His modeling career; Upcoming movie.
- Kim Fields: What happened to child stars after TV fame? // Jet;1/23/89, Vol. 75 Issue 16, p56
Summary of paths black child actors have taken since acting on television shows.
- Show biz kids. Lyons, D.C. // Ebony;May1990, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p106
Profiles three pre-teen stars. Actress Raven-Symone (Raven-Symone Christiana Pearman), four, of NBC's comedy series `The Cosby Show'; Singer Tevin Campbell, 12; Actor Tony T. Johnson, six, of the NBC comedy show `Amen.' Backgrounds; How the children broke into show business.
- Tinseltown criers. Woodson, Michelle // Entertainment Weekly;12/2/94, Issue 251, p57
Focuses on the new group of prime-time toddlers who are appearing on the fall 1994 television programs. How most of these television roles are done by a set of twins, sharing one part; Kent and Garrett Hazen of `Roseanne'; Dylan and Cole Sprouse of `Grace Under Fire'; Taylor and Brandon Porter...
- When TV kids go down the tubes: Eight stories you won't see on sitcoms. // People;3/25/91, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p38
Looks at what happened to eight child television stars, including Anissa Jones' drug overdose, Rusty Hamer's suicide, and Lauren Chapin's drug abuse, psychosis and poverty and more. Macenzie Phillips; Adam Rich; Danny Bonaduce; Lauren Chapin.
- Untitled. // Sight & Sound;Nov93, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p5
Discusses the movie brats and their parent-managers. Macaulay Culkin and father Kit; Michael Oliver and mother Dianne; Problems with negotiations.
- JUNIOR Achievers. // People;04/10/2000, Vol. 53 Issue 14, p124
Focuses on several child actors who won, or were nominated for, Academy Awards in the past, and what they are doing now that they are adults.
- The wunder years. // Entertainment Weekly;3/4/94, Issue 212, p67
Presents a chart featuring the activities of child actors. Shirley Temple; Brooke Shields; Jerry Mathers; Jodie Foster; Ron Howard; Drew Barrymore; Patty Duke; Natalie Wood; More.
- Attack of the four-foot celebrities. Gardner Jr., Ralph // New York;11/10/97, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p28
Looks at child actors in New York City. How child stardom has never seemed more accessible in 1997, with the flourishing number of cable channels, sitcoms about families, and the Disney version of Broadway shows; How the children who invade the casting offices and land the network deals are...