Bush Must Veto Campaign Bill
- Who's who. Denny, Jeffrey; Kemper, Vicki // Common Cause Magazine;Apr-Jun92, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p14
Presents a list of the Team 100 (individuals who donated to President George Bush's campaign), and their known business affiliations. Information released by the Republican National Committee (RNC) in 1989; Designates if they received ambassadorship, gave to CREEP or Michael Dukakis' campaign;...
- Trading favors. Denny, Jeffrey; Kemper, Vicki // Common Cause Magazine;Apr-Jun92, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p17
Discusses various aspects of the economic strategies employed by members of Team 100 (individuals who donated $100,000 to President George Bush's campaign) and the federal support received for protecting their markets. Domestic cement industry benefits from anti-dumping laws; Overturned import...
- A GRATEFUL NATION. Murphy, Cullen // Atlantic (02769077);Jan1989, Vol. 263 Issue 1, p16
Suggests unusual and humorous legislative bills that may be considered by U.S. President George Bush upon his assumption of office on January 1989. Paper-Encased-Wire-Twist Closure Act of 1989; Omnibus Coins Before Bills bill; Seasonal Synchrony Act.
- Campaign finance reform bans soft money. // Nation's Health;May2002, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the Bipartisan Campaign Finance Reform Act of 2002 that U.S. President George W. Bush signed into law on March 27, 2002. Senator who challenged the constitutionality of the law; Prohibitions under the law.
- Legislation promotes biofuels, reducing consumption. Laws, Forrest // Western Farm Press;1/12/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p21
The article discusses on the passed legislation which promotes the use of biofuels signed by U.S. President George Bush. The Energy Independence and Security Act bill require that 15 billion of the 36 billion gallons of renewable fuels come from corn,cellulosic-based ethanol, and biodiesel. It...
- Education Bill Creates Federal Reading Program, Annual Testing. Dervarics, Charles // Black Issues in Higher Education;1/31/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p8
Reports on the Leave No Child Behind Act, a major K-12 education reform bill signed by United States President George W. Bush. Details on the bill; Views on the legislation.
- House passes obesity suit bill; Bush seeks fix for immigration rules. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;10/31/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the implementation of the immigration bill by President George Bush and the bill passed by the House of Representatives regarding obesity suits in the U.S. Benefits of the measures in the foodservice industry; Supports given by the food industry officials on the bill against...
- Education Bills Set for Scrutiny as Lawmakers Return. Miller, Julie A. // Education Week;1/17/1990, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p18
The article reports on the education-related bills including President George Bush's education package, which is specified by the legislators for early action in Washington. Education bills that are set to be scrutinized include youth service, vocational-education reauthorization,...
- Med mal reform measure fails to reach Senate vote. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;7/14/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 28, p3
Advocates of medical malpractice liability reform will continue pushing for reform despite Senate supporters' failure last week to get enough votes to bring a reform bill to a vote. A motion to invoke cloture and thus end debate on the Patients First Act of 2003-S. 11-drew only 49 votes on July...