Do Pre-Retirement Work and Personal Factors Shape Happiness as a Retiree?
- Maintaining independence. // Aging;1985, Issue 354, p14
The role of community support groups. The healthy elderly will probably be the largest and fastest growing source of volunteers in the future. INSET: References on studies of the elderly..
- Psychological aspects of staying at home. Fogel, Barry S. // Generations;Spring92, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p15
Examines the psychological aspects for elders remaining at home. Economic assets and emotional attachments; Individual differences; Psychological benefits; Benefits of the home; Differences in the meaning of home; Home maintenance as a burden; The role of personality; Institutions as homes;...
- A slow dying. Bressoud Jr., Marius L. // Second Opinion;Jul95, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p43
Focuses on the loneliness that comes with old age. Finding answers to life's common questions; Realization of the inevitability of death; Life in a home for the aged.
- Mental disorders epidemic among elders. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Letter;2/27/95, Vol. 7 Issue 4, following p10
Focuses on psychiatric disorder in the elderly. Acceptance of disorder as part of ageing; Result of study in Sweden; Use of medication.
- The association between mental, social and physical activity and cognitive performance in young... Christensen, H.; Mackinnon, A. // Age & Ageing;May93, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p175
Examines the influence of mental, social and physical activity on fluid, crystallized and memory tasks of young and elderly patients. Multiple regression; Higher effect of physical activity on fluid test performance in elderly patients; Factor of education in fluid and crystallized task...
- Factors associated with the wish to die in elderly people. Jorm, A.F.; Henderson, A.S. // Age & Ageing;Sep95, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p389
Determines the prevalence of the wish to die in elderly people in Australia and the factors associated with it. Classes of possible risk factors; Effects of depression on the wish to die; Treatment of the factors associated with the wish die.
- The relationship between the Mini-Mental State Examination and cognitive functioning in normal... Hill, Robert D.; Backman, Lars // Age & Ageing;Sep95, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p440
Examines the relationship between the Mini-Mental State Examination and selected cognitive performance indices in non-demented old age people. Use of the memory factor score; Prediction of two visuospatial measure; Range of cognitive abilities; Control measures for age and education.
- Extrapyramidal signs amongst cognitively intact elderly people. // Age & Ageing;Jan97 Supplement, Vol. 26, p15
Presents an abstract of the study `Extrapyramidal signs amongst cognitively intact elderly people,' by R.J. Prettyman, presented during the communications to the autumn meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on October 3-4, 1996 in London, England.
- Anxiety, anger, and depression in elderly women. Bleiker, Eveline M.A.; van der Ploeg, Henk M. // Psychological Reports;Apr93, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p567
Investigates the relationship of age with anxiety, anger and depression among elderly women. Review of related literature; Self-assessment Questionnaire-Nijmegen; Trait-anxiety Inventory: State-Trait Anger Scale; Trait-depression Scale; Depression changes correlated with self-reported somatic...