How Does Vivid Language Shape Investor Judgments?
- Once Burned, Twice Shy: How Naive Learning, Counterfactuals, and Regret Affect the Repurchase of Stocks Previously Sold. Strahilevitz, Michal Ann; Odean, Terrance; Barber, Brad M // Journal of Marketing Research (JMR);Oct2011 Supplement 1, Vol. 48, pS102
Investors' previous experiences with a stock affect their willingness to repurchase that stock. Using detailed trade data from two brokers, the authors document that investors are reluctant to repurchase stocks previously sold for a loss and stocks that have risen in price subsequent to a prior...
- Investors Needing Financial Help Least Likely to Use It. // India -- West;11/11/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 51, pA31
The article presents results of the study that shows that the minimal percentage of investors who seek professional help to get solid financial standing and to avoid costly investing mistakes in Bloomington, Indiana.
- INVESTORS 'PREFER BRICS TO WESTERN EUROPE'. // EuroProperty;7/8/2013, p4
The article presents information on a study published by law firm Nabarro which revealed that majority real estate investors are interested in BRIC countries, namely Brazil, Russia, India and China, than western Europe.
- Financial illiteracy. // Futurist;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on consequences of increasing financial illiteracy among Americans. Fears caused by ignorance about personal financial futures.
- Love and money. White, Shelby // Self;Nov92, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p114
Examines the role of money in a marriage or partnership. Five things women generally don't know about their husband's money; Ten; Ten money rules to follow; Importance of addressing the issue of money in a relationship; Common money mistakes to avoid.
- Random thoughts and the `Rule of 72.'. Foreman, Gary // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;May/Jun2000, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p81
Provides information on some misleading financial thoughts.
- The effects of uncertainty of available information on investors' behaviors on herding formation. Saeedi, Ali; Chahardeh, Zeinab Ramezani // Management Science Letters;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p1983
During the past century, there were different events where herding behavior created market turbulence and many investors were hurt, significantly. In this paper, we perform a survey to investigate investors' behavior on creating herding behavior when they face with various levels of uncertainty...
- Equity fund inflows drop on China, Ukraine and corporate earnings fears. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;4/22/2014, p1
The article reports on the decline of equity fund inflows invested by fund investors in various business due to the country's political crisis in Ukraine and its weak corporate earnings for the week ending April 15, 2014.
- Confident Young Millionaire Investors Have Independent Streak. // Millionaire Corner;Oct2013, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p2
The article discusses findings on a new Spectrum Group research on attitudes of Millionaire investors on the use of financial advisor for their financial needs, citing differences of reliance on services by age group.