The Language of Abortion
- Royal Opera House. Quainton, Gemma // Third Sector;7/9/2013, Issue 760, p20
The article explores the annual report of the Royal Opera House of Great Britain, which contained plans for the organization to take advantage of the offerings coming from video material.
- Are You Ready to Really Understand Abortion? Chen, Daryl // Glamour;Sep2003, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p264
Outlines the traditional aspects of a handful of clinics that call themselves the November Gang which was initially assembled in November 1989 in an effort to take control of their own lives. Presentation of women's letters to their unborn children and to each other; Discussion of the...
- Correcting the Record on ARAG's Philosophy. Dyer, Marj // International Family Planning Perspectives;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p43
Points out errors in the article `Abortion Reform in South Africa: A Case Study of the 1996 Choice on Termination of Pregnancy Act,' by Sally Guttmacher, et al., published in the periodical `International Family Planning Perspectives' volume 24, issue number 4. Offensive suggestion on the...
- Reaching for common ground. Wirpsa, Leslie // National Catholic Reporter;6/14/96, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p1
Focuses on the topics discussed during the conference sponsored by Common Ground on the issue of abortion in the United States. Efforts to bring `light than heat' to the abortion issue; Public opinion on the national debate on abortion; Complexity of taking sides in the abortion issue; Plans to...
- Bridging the abortion divide one discussion at a time. Feldmann, Linda // Christian Science Monitor;1/21/98, Vol. 90 Issue 38, p1
Looks at the program Common Ground of the Nation's Capital, which brings together pro-life supporters and pro-choice supporters to discuss ways to reduce the number of abortions in the United States. The benefits of communication between the two sides; How the leaders of each side view the...
- Patriotic video opener. // Association Management;Mar1995, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p121
Features the videotape `Associations, You and Me,' from the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE). Tune about associations; Illustrations on the impact of associations on American life; Price; Contact information.
- SIVA seminar serves up boilerplate. Goldstein, Seth; Rosenblum, Trudi Miller // Billboard;6/11/94, Vol. 106 Issue 24, p67
Reports on the Special Interest Video Association's one-day Super Seminar held on May 24, 1994. Presentations in the seminar; Estimated number of infomercials produced annually; Issue of costs of infomercials; Use of direct response; Smithsonian Video's marketing of its `Dinosaur' cassette.
- welcome. Wilson, Michael // Plans & Trusts;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p3
The article presents the author's insights on the Benefit Bits, a video library of some of the speakers which was filmed during the conferences of the International Foundation.
- Haligonians playing for AIDS education. Metcalfe, Robin // Body Politic;Jan85, Issue 110, p15
Presents information on the benefit dance sponsored by the Gay Health Association for AIDS Awareness Week in November 1984. Information videos featured at the event; Proceeds of the fund raiser; Games and activities for guests.