U.S. House votes to curb federal support for abortion and abortion training
- Romney Continues Move to Center: Softens Anti-Abortion Stand. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;10/10/2012, p12
The article focuses on the anti-abortion stand of Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney. It states that Romney announced that he has no plans to push for legislation which will limit abortion. Romney says that there is no familiar legislation with regards to abortion which will become part...
- National Right to Life News Today: Your Online Pro-Life Newspaper. // National Right to Life News;Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 38 Issue 6/7, p2
The article introduces the content of the "National Right to Life News Today" online newspaper, which include topics on state and federal abortion legislation, assisted suicide, and embryonic stem cells.
- Abortion: A Year Later. // Time;2/4/1974, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p64
The article offers information on the social implication of the legalization of abortion in the U.S. It presents the demonstrations and rallies by PRO-life movement and role of churches and social groups in support and against the legalization of abortion. The article reports the findings on the...
- Toward A Personhood Amendment. Brown, Judie // New Oxford Review;Feb2009, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p22
The article focuses on the American Life League federal personhood amendment in the U.S. It states that for many years, American Life League has been the leader for the call for personhood, the goal for those who want to abolish the act of abortion in the country. It notes that the goal will...
- Battle Fatigue. Pulliam, Sarah // Christianity Today;Jan2009, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p11
The article focuses on the state of the anti-abortion movement in the U.S. after U.S. President-elect Barack Obama announced his plan to sign the Freedom of Choice Act, which would remove almost all state and federal restrictions on abortion. Professor Cynthia Gorney thinks there is abortion...
- According to one poll, majority is 'pro-life.'. // Christian Century;6/16/2009, Vol. 126 Issue 12, p13
The article discusses a Gallup poll that reveals a majority of Americans describe themselves as pro-life. The statistics, which are part of the annual Values and Beliefs Survey, represent the first time since 1995 that there has been a pro-life majority. The author suggests that United States...
- ABOUT THIS ISSUEâ€¦. Conlon, Anne // Human Life Review;Winter/Spring2011, Vol. 37 Issue 1/2, preceding p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics same-sex marriage in California, the legal and constitutional framework in the practice of abortion in the U.S. and pro-life movement.
- Life and health. Buchanan, John M. // Christian Century;3/7/2012, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p3
The article presents the editor's reflections and opinions regarding the political issue of abortion law in the United States. Anecdotes are presented describing the author's experiences being picketed at the churches he's served throughout his career in ministry, highlighting an incident with...
- Outlook for pro-life laws optimistic, but plenty of work ahead. Hughes, Mariann // Our Sunday Visitor;1/19/2014, Vol. 102 Issue 38, p5
The article discusses the success of pro-life movements in the U.S. and the challenges in continuation of such movements in other states of the country in 2014 including Texas, Wisconsin and North Dakota, and also presents statistics showing the percentage of U.S. women who have abortions annually.