Pro-Abortion Judicial Nominee Goodwin Liu Blocked in Senate on Near Party-Line Vote
- GOP deays grilling of controversial nominee. Keen, Lisa // Bay Windows;3/25/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p14
The article reports on the efforts being made by the U.S. Republican Party in delaying the controversial nominee of Goodwin Liu for the ninth Circuit in the U.S. Court of Appeals.
- Liu clears Senate committee. Keen, Lisa // Bay Windows;5/20/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p11
The article reports on the Senate Judiciary Committee that it has suggested the nomination of law professor Goodwin Liu to the 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.
- Does Anyone Understand The Law? Kenny, Jack // New American (08856540);7/18/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p44
The article offers the author's insights on the understanding of the role of courts by lawyers and politicians in the U.S. The author mentions the comment on the statement of Connecticut Democrat Richard Blumenthal during the Senate debate regarding the nomination of law professor Goodwin Liu to...
- Liu, Kagan, and Ideological Diversity In The Courts. Arvak, Jason // Moderate Voice;5/13/2010, p7
The article focuses on the move of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee to approve the nomination of lawyer Goodwin Liu for the Ninth Circuit. It mentions that the Liu's nomination was used by the Committee Republicans to test what appears to be an emerging cultural unit for Elena Kagan, pending...
- `Split decision' pending in Congress. Reuben, Richard C. // ABA Journal;Feb96, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the Senate Judiciary Committee decision to split the 9th United States Circuit Court of Appeals into two. Reason for decision; Representation of bill, S.956; Response from 9th Circuit's chief judge J. Clifford Wallace. INSET: Breaking up..
- 3. Monsanto loses again: GE alfalfa banned nationwide. // Food & Environment Electronic Digest;2009, p3
The article reports that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has prohibited again the planting of genetically engineered (GE) alfalfa from Monsanto Co.
- 9th Circuit Announces Proposition 8 Filing Tuesday. EDABURN, PATRICK // Moderate Voice;6/4/2012, p1
The article offers information on the announcement of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals that there will be a filing on the Proposition 8 case.
- New laws ring in 2013. Hemmelgarn, Seth // Bay Area Reporter;1/3/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit to issue an emergency order to delay the implementation of the Senate Bill 1172 that bans the use of reparative therapy on people younger than 18 years old in California.
- Appeals Court upholds water ruling. Sonner, Scott // Confederated Umatilla Journal;May2010, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p44
The article reports that the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld water ruling and directed the Truckee-Carson Irrigation District to pay back billion gallons of water it took from the tribe between 1970 and 1980 in Nevada.