Tracing the State and Local Governmental Sources of Planned Parenthood's Funding
- Planned Parenthood Study Supports Their Profitable Chemical Abortion Protocol. O'Bannon, Randall K. // National Right to Life News;Feb2015, p14
The article reports on a study published by one of the affiliates of non-profit group Planned Parenthood on the safe and effective use of abortion drugs mifepristone and misoprostol. Highlights include the number of women who came in for abortions between April 1, 2008 and May 31, 2011, the...
- How Planned Parenthood, both nationally and in Texas, is aggressively increasing its market share through the creation of state-of-the art 'mega-clinics'. Collett, Teresa Stanton // National Right to Life News;Jan2016, p33
The article presents a reprint of the article "Symposium: Ensuring abortion safety in a declining market for abortion services" by Teresa Stanton Collett, which appeared in the "National Right to Life News" magazine. It provides details about the construction of state-of-the-art mega clinics in...
- Taking the Reins. PENNEBAKER, RUTH // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;6/25/2010, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p35
The article features Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund. A brief background on Richards, including her advocacy in women's health care, sex education, birth control, and the choice to terminate a pregnancy, is presented. The...
- The day after the debate over Planned Parenthood funding: Some thoughts. Andrusko, Dave // National Right to Life News;Jul/Aug2015, p12
The author shares thoughts on the debate in the U.S. Senate over whether to cut federal funding for abortion service provider Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA). Insights are presented regarding the decision of Majority Leader Mitch McConnel to switch to opposition, the election of...
- 40 Years: Planned Parenthood Becomes Abortion Empire. O'BANNON, RANDALL K. // National Right to Life News;Winter2013, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p8
The author discusses the growth of Planned Parenthood to become the largest abortion chain and most powerful abortion lobby in the U.S. He mentions how the organization initially opposed abortion in the 1960s but started performing the procedure in 1970 in Syracuse, New York. Court cases in...
- Closing clinics. // World (0888157X);6/28/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p12
The article reports on the announcement by Planned Parenthood Federation of America Inc. on June 5, 2014 of its plan to close two of its abortion clinics in Iowa, which were among the first in the U.S. to prescribe medical abortions through videoconference.
- Record Planned Parenthood Abortion Count in 2011. // New American (08856540);2/4/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p7
The focuses on the annual report of the abortion giant Planned Parenthood Federation of America Inc. which notes that its affiliates around the nation performed 333, 964 abortions during 2011 up from 332, 278 abortions in 2009.
- Manchin Needs to Know the Real Numbers Behind Planned Parenthood. Dys, Jeremiah // State Journal (WV);5/6/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p37
In this article the author discusses the unreasonable allocation of the 1.1. billion U.S. dollar to Planned Parenthood Federation of America Inc. due to its destruction of human life in West Virginia.
- Early abortion breakthrough provides wider options. White, Renee Minus // New York Amsterdam News;12/25/97, Vol. 88 Issue 52, p4
Focuses on an announcement by the Planned Parenthood organization regarding the availability of safe and effective abortions for women before the six weeks' gestation period. Details on women having abortions eight days after contraception; Indentification of an innovation abortion method by...