Judge Hears Final Arguments in Indiana Funding Law
- PANNED PARENTHOOD. CADEI, EMILY // Newsweek Global;8/21/2015, Vol. 165 Issue 7, p23
The article reports on Republicans in U.S. Congress who push to block federal funding for non-profit group Planned Parenthood. Topics include the release of videos of Planned Parenthood doctors by an anti-abortion group on harvesting tissue from aborted fetuses, a state budget signed by Ohio...
- Suit slaps fetal-tissue videos. // Investors Business Daily;1/15/2016, p72
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by the nonprofit organization the Planned Parenthood of America Inc. against the anti-abortion group Center for Medical Progress for secretly and illegally recording of videos for the group's utilization of fetal issue in San Francisco, California.
- A federal judge. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/29/2015, pA02
The article reports on the move of a federal judge, blocking the state of Alabama from reducing Medicaid funds for non-profit organization Planned Parenthood, stating that the state did not provide enought reason for terminating its agreement.
- Judge rules against Louisiana. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/20/2015, pA02
The article reports that federal judge has rejected the move of Louisiana to prohibit the Medicaid funds from Planned Parenthood.
- Who are the bomb throwers here? // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/30/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 8, p4A
The article presents information on the decision of Fifth Circuit Court in Texas in which it was held that the Planned Parenthood Federation of America Inc. could not be excluded from the Women's Health Program and a Medicaid pass-through in Texas.
- Indiana blocks Medicaid patients from going to Planned Parenthood. // Contemporary Sexuality;Jun2011, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that a bill has been passed by the Indiana General Assembly which prohibits Medicaid patients from receiving care at Planned Parenthood clinics because some provide abortions.
- Judge: Ark. can't cut off funds. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/5/2015, pA02
The article reports on a U.S. federal judge's 2015 issuance of a temporary injunction blocking Arkansas from terminating Medicaid funding for Planned Parenthood, a non-profit organization providing reproductive and maternal health services, over issue on selling fetal tissue for stem cell research.
- My Own Public Funding Story. Ratcliffe, Sara Hutchinson // Conscience: The News Journal of Catholic Opinion;2015, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p26
The author presents a personal narrative of her experiences regarding healthcare services which includes financial assistance offered by Medicaid to author's father during his illness, sexual health counseling at Planned Parenthood Federation of America Inc. and Catholics' support to poor people.
- Medicaid warns La. and Ala. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/13/2015, pA02
The article reports that the state governments of Louisiana and Alabama received a warning from the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama after both decided to cut Planned Parenthood from their state Medicaid programs.