Annual Bibliography: 1996
- Paths to power. Morgan, K.O. // New Statesman & Society;8/2/91, Vol. 4 Issue 162, p55
Reviews two books on the topic of unionism. `Trade Unions in British Politics: The First 250 Years,' (second edition), edited by Ben Pimlott and Chris Cook; `The Making of the Transport and General Workers' Union, Volume 1, Parts 1 and 2,' by Ken Coates and Tony Topham.
- THE HISTORY OF WHITE-COLLAR UNIONS AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS: A BIBLIOGRAPHY. Bain, George Sayers; Pollins, Harold // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Autumn65, Issue 11, p20
Presents a bibliography of the history of white-collar unions and industrial relations listed by industry and compiled as of September 1965. General references; Mining and quarrying; Manufacturing industries; Construction; Gas, electricity and water; Transport; Postal services and...
- Annual Bibliography: 2009. Adeeb, Yasmin; Boud, Fathi // Labour History Review;Dec2010, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p271
A bibliography is presented of journal articles and books on labor history published in 2009, including ones by Yasmin Adeeb, Tariq Ali, Elizabeth Baigent, and others.
- Theses and Dissertations: 2006. Adeeb, Yasmin; Boud, Fathi // Labour History Review;Dec2007, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p275
The article presents a bibliography of theses and dissertations published in 2006 about British and Irish Labour History including "The Anglican Church in the East Riding of Yorkshire, c. 1740-1860, with particular reference to the economic aspects," by David J. Bowes, "Poverty and philanthropy...
- BIBLIOGRAPHY. Lonardo, Michael; Sweeney, Robert C. H. // Labour / Le Travail;Fall2007, Vol. 60, p339
A list of publications related to labour history is presented including "MÃ©decins et patriotes 1837-1838," by Georges Aubin and Marcel Rheault, "Fighting from Home: The Second World War in Verdun," by Serge Marc Durflinger, and "A Better Life: A Portrait of Highland Women in Nova Scotia," by...
- BIBILIOGRAPHY. Lonardo, Michael; Sweeny, Robert C. H. // Labour / Le Travail;Fall2008, Vol. 62, p321
A list of books and articles on Canadian labor history published between 2005 and 2008 is presented which includes "Hiroshima Immigrants in Canada, 1891-1941," by Michiko Midge Ayukawa, "Military Workfare: The Soldier and Social Citizenship in Canada," by Deborah Cowen, and "Working People: An...
- Union Security and the Right to Work: A Comprehensive Bibliography. Haggard, Thomas R. // Journal of Labor Research;Winter90, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p81
From scholarly treatises to ideological polemics, more has been written in the past 50 years about union security and the right to work than almost any issue in labor law. It has been a profitable source of study for academics in several disciplines, and practitioners from both sides of the...
- LABOUR HISTORY: BROADENING THE FIELD? Adams, Tony // Labour History Review;Dec2003, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p291
The paper introduces a series of articles about labor history. Selina Todd draws on the impact of struggles by young women over control of the work process between the two world wars. David Renton's study re-evaluates the labor history of pioneering historian Sidney Pollard. Lucy Taksa's...
- The new unionism and the new deal. Amberg, Stephen // Review of Politics;Spring93, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p378
Discusses and reviews a book on the rise of American labor unionism. `Labor Will Rule: Sidney Hillman and the Rise of American Labor,' by Steven Fraser.