- Archive Deposits. Lewis, A. P. // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Summer96, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p231
This section presents a list of archival materials on labor history, collected from repositories and record offices throughout the British Isles by the Historical Manuscripts Commission for the National Register of Archives.
- Cyclical and structural influences on Irish unemployment. Walsh, Brendan // Oxford Economic Papers;Jan2000, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p119
Identifies the cyclical and structural factors that have contributed to the transformation of the Irish labor market. Reduction of unemployment from one of the highest to one of the lowest in the European Union; Weakening of Irish and British unemployment rates; Role of structural changes, such...
- Archive Deposits. Williams, Katherine // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Winter99, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p307
The article focuses on information on the history of labor movement collected by the Royal Commission on Historical Manuscripts from over 200 repositories and record offices throughout the British Isles. These are as follows: British Library's Manuscript Collections; Glasgow University Archives...
- AITD RESOURCE REPOSITORY. // Training & Development (1839-8561);Jun2014, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that the Australian Institute of Training and Development in partnership with the leading provider of resources for libraries EBSCO will be trialling a new resource repository, providing members with exclusive access to resources through the AITD website.
- MAJOR ACCESSIONS TO REPOSITORIES IN 2001 RELATING TO THE LABOUR MOVEMENT. Hughes, Kate // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Dec2002, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p317
The article presents information about major accessions to repositories and archives in 2001 relating to the labor movement. The Historical Manuscripts Commission (HMC) collects information from over 200 record repositories throughout the British Isles relating to their manuscript accessions...
- LOCAL HABITATIONS AND NAMES IN MS RAWLINSON C 813 IN THE BODLEIAN LIBRARY, OXFORD. Wilson, Edward // Review of English Studies;Feb1990, Vol. 41 Issue 161, p12
This article focuses on local habitations and names in MS Rawlinson C 813 in the Bodleian Library in Oxford, England. MS Rawlinson C 813 now consists of two originally separate manuscripts, and it is with the first, now numbered fos. 1-98, that this article is concerned. The manuscript is well...
- Mining the Forgotten: Manuscript Sources for Black Women's History. White, Deborah Gray // Journal of American History;Jun1987, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p237
Discusses manuscript collections that document the history of African-American women. Reason behind African-American women's reluctance to donate personal papers to manuscript repositories; Highlights of the General Collections of the Black Women in the Middle West Project; Two repositories in...
- The Hiring Manager's View: Unsolicited Advice for Archivists Looking for Their First Job. Greene, Mark A. // MAC Newsletter;Jan2012, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p22
The article presents advice for archivists looking for their first job. The author discusses things not be done including sending a generic cover letter that does not specifically and clearly address the requirements of the job, a cover letter with typographical errors, and a cover letter that...
- Hot issues, Goth librarians and web solutions. Webb, Kerry // inCite;Dec2005, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p34
This article recommends several Web sites of interest to librarians. The Web sites listed include Audit Checklist for Certifying Digital Repositories, New 2005 Collegiate Dictionary, and Librarian in Black.