Refabricating labour history; or, from labour history to the history of labour
- Bill would lift restrictions on hospital-employee talks. Murray, Kevin // AHA News;07/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p3
Reports on Senator Nancy Kassebaum's sponsorship of the Teamwork for Employees and Managers (TEAM) Act, which would amend a section of the National Labor Relations Act that makes it illegal for nonunion companies to ask employees about ideas about work conditions. Significance of the TEAM Act...
- Labor and Social Legislation in the United States: Business Obstructionism and Accommodation. Jacobs, David // Labor Studies Journal;Summer98, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p52
Presents cases studies showing the hostility of business lobby groups to labor and social legislation in the United States. Ideological divisions within the business community; Position of the Business Roundtable organization towards labor; Issue on healthcare reform.
- Coping with employment litigation. Cahill, Christine G. // NACD Directorship;Mar1994, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on developments concerning employment litigation. Complexity of the relationship between employer and employee; Employments claims; Key regulations affecting employment litigation.
- LABOR LAW-- The Interboro Doctrine of "Constructive" Concerted Activity--A Logical Interpretation of Section 7 of the NLRA or a Legal Fiction? Lynch, Lawrence T. // Journal of Corporation Law;Fall81, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p75
This note will address the issue of constructive concerted activities, which involves individual actions by an employee in which the element of concert is implicit rather than explicit. This note will not address the nature of concerted activities per se. The concept, however, that an individual...
- Labor law at the dawn of the millennium. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/27/99, Vol. 38 Issue 52, p17
Focuses on the possible changes in United States labor laws. Potential increase in employee discontent; Increase in pro-employee legislations; Changes in employer-employee relationships.
- Legal Posts. Miklave, Matthew T.; Trafimow, A. Jonathan // Workforce;Oct2002, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p88
Presents a question and answer related to labor laws in the U.S. Obligation of employers to provide safety in the workplace; Considerations for workplace bribery; Employee selection.
- Significant Decisions In Labor Cases. Mounts, Gregory J. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep78, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p60
Summarizes court decisions on labor relations cases in the United States, compiled as of September 1978. Union membership of supervisory employees; U.S. Supreme Court ruling on an appeal against a lower court's refusal to certify a class in an action under the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
- Significant Decisions in Labor Cases. // Monthly Labor Review;Apr66, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p415
Summarizes court and administrative agency decisions in several labor relations cases in the United States, compiled as of April 1966. Union representation elections; Anti-union election campaigns; Re-employment provisions of the Selective Training and Service Act of 1940.
- Chronology of Recent Labor Events. // Monthly Labor Review;Apr66, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p419
Presents a chronology of events related to labor relations in the United States, from March 2-27, 1966. New York Telephone Co.'a labor contract with the Communications Workers; U.S. National Labor Relations Board's ruling on employers' right to challenge the majority status of an incumbent...