The Test of Time
- Without Reservation. Brown, Patricia Leigh // Architectural Digest;Apr2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p260
Examines the architectural decorations and ornaments of an apartment designed by Michael S. Smith at the Carlyle Hotel in New York City. Description of the hotel; Examples of furnishings used; Details of the interior design.
- Paris on the Park. Conniff, Richard // Architectural Digest;Apr2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p212
Focuses on the architectural decorations and ornaments of a New York City duplex apartment designed by interior decorator Linda Bedell. Information on the owner; Description of the strategic location of the apartment; Details of the interior design.
- Collectively Speaking. Nobel, Philip // Architectural Digest;Apr2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p244
Evaluates the architectural decorations and ornaments of an apartment designed by Nicholas Miles Pentecost in Manhattan, New York. Information on the apartment's architect; Description of the furnishings; Details of the interior design.
- ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST VISITS Giorgio Armani. Brubach, Holly // Architectural Digest;Apr2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p178
Features the architectural decorations and ornaments at the New York City apartment of fashion designer Giorgio Armani. His art preferences; Details of the apartment's interior design; His use of furnishings and fabrics from his Armani Casa collection.
- Les premiers immeubles d'appartements de Montr�al, 1880-1914. Un nouveau type d'habitation. Hupp�, Isabelle // Urban History Review / Revue d'Histoire Urbaine;Spring2011, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p40
This paper examines the emergence and the evolution of apartment buildings in Montreal from 1880 to 1914. The study of Montreal's first apartment buildings is set within the broader context of the city's rapid economic and social growth during the latter decades of the 19th century and the years...
- Jane's WORLD. Tisoh, Carol // Sarasota Magazine;Jan2007, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p90
The article describes in detail Jane Kummel and Bert Kummel's home which was chosen as the Sarasota home of the month. The 3,300 square foot home has raspberry-red entry hall with separate wings of the hall painted with soothing yellow color. The article describes different places of the condo...
- PHOTO OF THE WEEK. // Contract Journal;7/1/2009, Vol. 447 Issue 6729, p28
A photograph depicting the balancing activity of decorator from Cornwall, England is presented.
- Pursing the stone heritage of the Fujian Province. Chen, Jiangmin // Stone World;Apr97, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p110
Examines the history and heritage of stone work in the Fujian Province of China. Description of several stone buildings in this part of China; Information on the Dawa Stone Company Limited; Production of Japanese-style tombstones.
- Showroom opens in Moscow. // Stone World;Sep96, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p20
Reports that a showroom, which includes architectural details such as windowsills and steps, has been opened in Moscow, by Benefit. Size of the showroom; Products made by Benefit.