- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;07/17/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p8
Cites developments concerning the international book publishing industry, as of July 17, 2000. Rise in comparable-store sales of Waterstone Booksellers for the year ended April 30; Academic publisher Taylor & Francis' plan to make almost all of its titles available as electronic books by the...
- the book business. Clee, Nicholas // New Statesman;5/2/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4738, p55
Discusses how large bookstores tend to sell the same books with little variation. Assertion that bookstores need to stock books they know will sell rather than hold onto less popular books that only a few people are looking for; Remarks about publishing at a Booksellers Association conference...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;01/22/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p8
Presents international news concerning book publishers, compiled as of January 22, 2001. Solid sales gains posted by Waterstone for the Christmas season in 2000; Lego Media International Inc.'s decision to dismantle its book division; Continuum International Publishing's acquisition of Athlone...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;5/20/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p7
Focuses on financial policies of some publishing houses in the U.S. for the year 2002. Reason for change of name by Whitaker BookTrack; Necessity for revolutionizing book buying policies by public libraries; Cause for which company Waterstone will have an increase in investment for the year 2002.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;6/10/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p8
Reports several developments in the publishing industry in Great Britain as of June 2002. Details on the summer sale campaign of W.H. Smith; Information on the marketing campaign of Waterstone; Key features of the Borders and Books Etc. summer promotions.
- International news. // Book Publishing Report;09/27/99, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p8
Reports on developments pertaining to the international book publishing industry, as of November 27, 1999. Includes marketing director Martin Lee's departure from Waterstones; Release of the shortlist for the 1999 Booker prize; Sales performance of Gardners Books in 1999.
- International news. // Book Publishing Report;01/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p8
Takes a look at news related to book publishers, for the week ended January 30, 2000. Includes decline of same-store sales at bookseller Waterstone's; Simon & Schuster's selection of HarperCollins to handle its distribution responsibilities.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;10/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p8
Cites developments pertaining to the international book publishing industry, as of October 7, 2002. Simon & Schuster's plan to launch a nonfiction imprint in Great Britain under the Free Press name; Decline in sales at the Waterstone's bookstore chain; Financial turnaround of the Bertram Group.
- Does MR BIG really know what we want to read? Cohen, Nick // New Statesman;8/22/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4754, p18
Focuses on Scott Pack, buying manager for bookstore Waterstone's. His reputation in the publishing industry; Denial by Pack that he has influence over the success of an author's work; How the bookstore will be centralized; Competition with other bookstores; Pack's dislike of booklists for...