Publishing IT Execs Blast Decision They Say Will Make It Harder, Most Expensive To Exchange Info
- Sterling Commerce to Internet-enable EDI line. Nelson, Matthew // InfoWorld;05/18/98, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p19
Reports on Sterling Commerce Inc.'s plan to Internet-enable its electronic data interchange line of products. Products to be offered by Sterling in its Connect line for business communications; Reaction of analysts about the firm's attempt to add Internet functionality.
- EDI for small fleets, auto industry suppliers. // Fleet Owner;Oct98, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p50
Reports on the Media Conversion Program, a fax-to electronic data interchange service from Sterling Commerce, which can be used by trucking fleets. Features of the service; Information on the service.
- EDI service benefits smaller companies. // Automatic I.D. News;Nov98, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p40
Features Sterling Commerce Inc.'s Media Conversion Program electronic data interchange (EDI) service. Assistance offered to non-EDI capable business; Compatibility of the service with to the EDI-to-fax feature of Sterling's Commerce:Network processing service.
- Sterling aims at shippers. Cassidy, William B. // Traffic World;06/09/97, Vol. 250 Issue 10, p49
Reports on Sterling Commerce Inc.'s launching of a campaign to expand the use of transportation electronic data interchange among shippers in the United States. Goals of the campaign; Sterling's recruitment of Doug Anderson, a former director at the American Trucking Associations, to head the...
- EDI and AS2 ’can live together’. // Supply Management;11/13/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p13
Reports on the importance of electronic data interchange (EDI) for transferring business information despite the emergence of the Internet-based protocol AS2, according leading vendor Sterling Commerce Inc. in Great Britain. Companies that are pushing to combine the two protocols; Comments of...
- EDI now free for booksellers. Livingston, Gillian // Quill & Quire;Aug98, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on the importance of electronic data interchange (EDI) in the bookselling and publishing industry. Estimation of the service pay for an EDI mailbox; Automation of the ordering process; Use of technology for booksellers.
- Resources. // Automatic I.D. News;Sep96, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p75
Presents a list of literature on bar coding and electronic data interchange (EDI) available as of September 1996. Includes literature on warehouse operations; Radio frequency identification; Programming. INSET: Literature review..
- Christian publishers move to develop EDI network. Tickle, Phyllis // Publishers Weekly;8/22/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 34, p13
Reports that the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Task Force of the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (ECPA) had met to plan the development and management of an industry-wide database and a value-added network. Services within the ECPA database; PUBNET.
- Publishers told `EDI or Die'. Mutter, John; Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;4/25/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 17, p25
Reports on the use of the technology electronic data interchange in the publishing industry. Improvement in savings and financial gains; Capability of trading partners to exchange information electronically; Payback for technology investments.