- Handset market battle revs up. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;4/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p1
Looks at the competition in the mobile handset communication market in the United States as of April 16, 2001. Impact of the country's economic decline on the industry; Three leading mobile phone makers; Anticipation that mergers and alliances will be forged by companies in the market.
- Semiconductor Sales Will Rise To $255.7B In '06. // Microwaves & RF;Nov2006, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p22
The article considers the prediction of iSuppli Corp. that global semiconductor sales will reach $255.7 billion in 2006. In June 2006, the company issued a prediction that semiconductor sales will increase by 7.9 percent in 2006. The computer and mobile-phone markets remained healthy. iSuppli...
- Video phone sales to take off by 2010. // RCR Wireless News;11/12/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p26
This article states that mobile video phone sales will nearly double by 2010, from $58 billion in 2006 to $125 billion in 2010, according to market research firm Infonetics Research. Mobile video subscribers will also grow from just a few million in 2006 to 58.6 million in 2010, according to the...
- Ringtone market decline offset by boost from music. Dudley, Dominic // New Media Age;1/15/2004, p14
Forecasts the decline in revenue of ringtones for mobile cellular telephones worldwide based on a study conducted by Juniper Research. Size of the ringtone market in 2003; Factors that drive the industry; Statistics on ringtone downloads.
- Raising The Bar On Ringtones. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;5/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p25
Focuses on the growing popularity of ringtone downloads among U.S. cellular telephone users. Increase in ringtone sales in the country; Prices of ringtones in the country; Benefits of the trend on the country's music industry.
- Telecom giant emrges. // Wireless Asia;Apr2005, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the economic growth in the mobile communication industry in India. Role of telecommunication reforms in the development; Increase in the number of mobile users; Forecast for the status of the industry for the next five years.
- IN "POST-MP3" ERA, PORTABLE AUDIO/VIDEO PRODUCTS DIVERSITY IN CHINA. Lu Nan // EDN Europe;Dec2006, Vol. 51 Issue 12, pXV
The article reports that GfK, an industrial-analyst company has analyzed that the Chinese MP3-player market was down throughout March, April and May 2006. During the period, the MP3-player market experienced a decline of approximately 12 percent per month. However, the vendors sought growth...
- Mobile broadcast TV subscribers to exceed 150 million by 2012. // MarketWatch: Technology;Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p24
The article reports on the trend in the mobile broadcast television (TV) industry. Mobile broadcast TV is the combination of TV and mobile telephony which are considered to be the most successful consumer products in history. It is expected that subscribers of this new industry will grow from...
- New Wireless-Data Formats Get Demos At CTIA. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/9/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p34
The article focuses on the wireless-data formats demonstrated by cellular carriers at the 2007 show of the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association in the U.S. Ultra Mobile Broadband (UMB) and Long-Term Evolution (LTE) are the other options for boosting high-speed data services and...