free community nets Sprouting up
- Ethernet upswing underscores PTO meeting. // Control Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the issues regarding industrial Ethernet discussed at the Profibus Trade Organization's annual general assembly held from August 1 to 4, 2005 in Scottsdale, Arizona. Growth in industrial Ethernet from 2002 to 2004; Rate of growth of industrial Ethernet expected from 2005 to 2009;...
- Ethernet Alliance. // Network Dictionary;2007, p181
A definition of the term "Ethernet Alliance" is presented. It refers to an industrial association that represents the spectrum of IEEE 802 Ethernet standards developments. The IEEE 802 Ethernet industry as a whole is also served by the association to assist with the ongoing incubation,...
- MEF claims market traction. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;May2004, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p22
Details Metro Ethernet Forum president Nan Chen's perspective on metro ethernet deployment worldwide. Significant activities of European carriers in terms of network installation; Importance of metro ethernet to U.S. cable service providers.
- Ethernet in the WAN. Tanner, John C. // America's Network;06/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 9, p67
Discusses the developments adopted in the use of the Ethernet protocol for the local area network to 10-Gigabit bandwidth capacity. Efforts of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers to develop 10-Gigabit Ethernet; Goals of the 10-Gigabit Ethernet Alliance; How 10-Gigabit Ethernet...
- Wither 10--Gig Ethernet? Percy, Kenneth M.; Mier, Edwin E. // Business Communications Review;Aug2002, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p44
Presents the findings of a survey on Ethernet switch vendors in the U.S. in June 2002. Companies which agree to de identified in the survey; Features that will be ported to 10-Gigabit Ethernet (10GigE) products; Impediments to 10GigE development; Technologies that will be impacted by 10GigE.
- ETHER WAY. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;Sep2007 Supplement, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Joan Engebretson on the changes in Ethernet and another by Carol Wilson on the move of cable operators to offer Ethernet.
- Creating the borderless enterprise with metro Ethernet services. Richards, Kathleen // Lightwave;Jun2003, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p29
Describes attempts in the U.S. to extend local area networks with Ethernet services outside the enterprise. Ethernet services offered by carriers over fiber connections; Uses of Ethernet over public networks; Limitations of Ethernet developed for enterprise-level data networks.
- Gigabit Ethernet changes network behavior. Zoppo, Gian // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jul99, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p19
Focuses on things to consider when upgrading to Gigabit Ethernet. Need for fast servers; Load balancing across multiport network interface cards.
- 3Com Flags, Others Gain. // Business Communications Review;Jul99, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p10
Reports on sales of 10-Mbps Ethernet during the first quarter of 1999. List of companies that experienced increase and decrease in sales.