chasm divides developers and market
- Java gets serious with RAD. Hanna, Mary // Software Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p77
Focuses on Java RAD (rapid application development), which is an Internet-based process. Advantages of using Java-generating tools; Comments from Dan Moriarty, associate dean for information technology at Harvard Medical School; How the Java application is run; Proponents of the Java...
- Latest Trojan horse out of the gate. // America's Network;09/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 14, p14
Reports on the online hysteria generated by Brown Orifice, a Java applet, when it hit hacker repository Bugtraq in August 2000. Effect of the program on Sun's Java Developers Kit and Netscape 4.74; Problem with the response time both companies took to address the situation.
- Java apps stir momentum. Rodriguez, Karen // Inter@ctive Week;01/13/97, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p44
Reports that the release of Java Development Kit 1.1 by Sun Microsystems Incorporated is fostering rapid Java application development by tools developers including Borland International Incorporated. Information on Borland's JBuilder; Features of the JBuilder; Comments from William Dunlap,...
- J2ME: life after WAP? Christfort, Jacob // Wireless Week;3/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p74
Focuses on the issues concerning the Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME) computer software. Benefits derived by wireless technology users from utilizing J2ME; Problems associated with J2ME; Efforts that can rectify the problems connected with J2ME utilization.
- Java tools. // Inter@ctive Week;03/29/99, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p24
Provides information on Java development and implementation software tools. Homebase Enterprise Javabeans Toolkit; Developer2X 2.1; Java Viewers; Price.
- Borland JBuilder 3. // Australian Personal Computer;Oct99, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p130
Evaluates the Borland JBuilder 3, a software development tool for the Java program. Three editions; Supported database applications; Debugging features; Use of Inrpise's Two-Way-Tools; Help system features. INSET: JavaBeans..
- IBM VisualAge for Java 2.0. // Australian Personal Computer;Oct99, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p130
Evaluates software development tool, IBM VisualAge for Java 2.0. Three editions; Use of code repository; Ease of automation in the development process; Help system features.
- Sybase PowerJ 3.0. // Australian Personal Computer;Oct99, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p136
Evaluates the software development tool, Sybase PowerJ 3.0 for the Java programming language. Applications and uses; Component palette; Integrated Development Environment; Drag-and-drop design for forms and dialogs.
- Symantec VisualCafe 3.0. // Australian Personal Computer;Oct99, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p136
Evaluates the software development tool, Symantec VisualCafe 3.0 for the Java language. Three editions; Integrated Development Environment (IDE); Component palette; Drag-and-drop design of forms and dialogs; Graphical and code changes.