When Disaster Strikes, Wireless Can Keep Lines Open
- CINGULAR "FRONT-RUNNER" IN WIRELESS B2B SEGMENT. // RBOC Update;Mar2005, pN.PAG
Reports on the recognition given to telecommunication company Cingular Wireless LLC by Forrester Research Inc. for its wireless business-to-business (B2B) strategies. Contributions of the telecommunication company to the B2B market; Background on the services provided by the company.
- Operators admit 3G forecasts unrealistic. // New Media Age;9/26/2002, p16
Reports on the forecasts of the company Forrester Research on the use of third generation (3G) wireless communications in Europe as of September 2002. Views of mobile operators on 3G communication; Predictions of Forrester analyst Michelle de Lussanet for 3G communication.
- Operator hopes for 3G overoptimistic. // New Media Age;10/17/2002, p17
Reports on the predictions of Forrester research company on the revenues of European operators from third generation (3G)/UMTS wireless telephones between 2002 and 2007. Percentage of revenues from 3G/UMTS phones; Plans for the deployment of UMTS networks; Usage of UMTS.
- M-commerce: Show Me The Money. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p3
Features a report by Forrester Research Inc. concerning mobile electronic commerce and consumer use of the wireless Internet. Forecast on revenue from mobile data; Perception of telecommunication companies on control of customers through mobile telephones.
- BITS. // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p18
Presents news briefs on wireless communication systems as of February 4, 2002. Results of a survey conducted by Forrester Research; Introduction of the Sprint Sync Service by Sprint PCS; Contract of Intrado Inc. with Iowa Wireless, PYXIS Communications and US Unwired.
- Dynamic business strategies. // InfoWorld;3/6/95, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p58
Reports on a study conducted by Forrester Research Inc. on the effect of technology on corporate planning.
- WHEN MOBILITY MATTERS. Dean, Joshua // Government Executive;Nov2001, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p64
Focuses on the importance of wireless communications for disaster management in the United States. Implications of wireless communications for the operations of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA); Proposals on the deployment of wireless networks in FEMA operations; Optional...
- Broadband Antenna Tracking Systems Brings Better Emergency Communications to NYC. // Antenna Systems & Technology;Oct2011, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p4
The article reports on the critical role of the Broadband Antenna Tracking Systems (BATS) in the operation of the New York City Wireless Network (NYC-Win) which was created to improve communications during emergencies in the city.
- Thought Leaders. Dayton, Sky; Dunsby, Martin // America's Network;11/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 17, p16
Presents question and answer advisory on the business model of the wireless providers in the U.S. Advantages of the Wi_fi economics; Integration of the third generation and 802.11 networks; Need for technical consistency.