- BITS. // Wireless Week;12/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p20
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of December 15, 2003. Power Handheld devices from BSquare Corp. sold by Vodafone; Release of Wi-Fi Watchdog 3.0 software from Newbury Networks Inc.; Introduction of the WG-5000 Wireless Gateway by Bluesocket.
- Personal taste. Farber, Alex // New Media Age;5/14/2009, p24
This article explains that mobile media companies can improve their audience retention and advertisement targeting by allowing users to customize what they see on their home page. It notes that publishers are fast adopting this technique and some of the companies that have adopted...
- MOBILE MUSIC: HUGE IN EUROPE. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;3/14/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p28
The article reports that Vodafone Group PLC's 3G Live service, since its launch, had sold 1 million individual full-track song downloads on mobile communication systems. The wireless industry has down-played the role of mobile music in recent years, questioning the business model and the...
- Carriers court developers. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR Wireless News;7/5/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p10
Praises the efforts on the wireless carriers to attract computer software developed. Developer center established by Orange in the U.S.; Collaboration between Vodafone Group PLC and Sun Microsystems Inc. to build a Java-based developer platform called VFX; Programs of other carriers to motivate...
- Vodafone signs Sony Pictures for content, purchases U.K. reseller. // RCR Wireless News;8/11/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p15
Reports on the agreement signed by Vodafone Group PLC with Sony Pictures Mobile. Video games based on Sony Pictures Entertainment that will offered by Vodafone; Services to be offered by Sony to Vodafone's customers; Acquisition of Project Telecom PLC by Vodafone.
- Vodafone spends $3.5 billion going east. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;May 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the expansion plan of Vodafone Group PLC, the world's largest mobile telephone operator, in the U.S. Total amount paid by Vodafone for the Eastern European assets of Telesystem International Wireless Inc.; Impact of the plan on the operations of Vodafone; Benefits of the move for the...
- Fairfax news for Vodafone. // B&T Weekly;7/23/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2481, p2
Reports that Vodafone Group PLC has announced a partnership with Fairfax Network for the broadcasting of the latter's news content on mobiles in Australia. Terms in the agreement; Privilege of Vodafone Group PLC on the agreement.
- THEY CAME, WE SAW AND EVERYBODY REVIEWED! Prasad, Aditi // 4Ps Business & Marketing;May2013, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p36
A review is offered of television advertisements Vodafone Group PLC, Amul Macho and Hershey Co.'s Jumpin.
- Vodafone launches 'friendly off-net portal' Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;6/9/2005, p2
This article reports on the launching by telecommunications operator Vodafone of its friendly off-net portal, which provides access to a range of content providers beyond the main Vodafone Live! mobile portal. The launch is yet another sign of the growing shift towards off-portal content,with...